R&D's new conversion cylinder - My pics

Started by Bottom Dealin Mike, January 23, 2005, 01:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepnmud

Lorna we all had to learn stuff,HBWC are Hollowbase wad cutters or light target bullets and oal is over all lenght.

Bottom Dealin Mike

Lorna, The chambers are actually chambered for .38 Spl, but the cylinder is a bit on the short side, hence the stipulation that you use .38 LC or .38 Spl wadcutter ammo.

In point of fact, some non-wadcutter .38 Spl fits fine. I've heard that 158 grain Black Hills ammo fits. 158 grain Winchester Cowboy loads are hit & miss. some rounds fit, some are just a hair too long.

I think any brands with bullet weights less than 158 grains will probably fit...need to try some and see.

For reloaders, seat bullets 0.007" deeper and you should be OK.

BlaiseNSaddles

Thank you all for the wonderful information.

In another post I have a Piettta made Remignton in 0.44 with a 0.45LC (though from what I think I have learned so far is just 0.45 Colt?) conversion.  It works fine but at more then 50ft out I cannot hit a 6" target without going through at least 3 rounds.  I know practice correct?

I am basically holding the thing with two hands so was thinking about trying something a little lighter.  I was reading that 0.38 was in general about as small to go.

D. R. Greysun

B D Mike,
Boy am I  :-[, after looking over this thread again I can see I was WRONG about Will Bill's shooters (Deadwood) being Pocket Navies. You have my humblest apology, I also believe they are 1851 Navy fitted with R&D conversions not Richards. But then I've been mistaken before and could be now.  About the conversion that is. ;D  Sorry I ever doubted you!
D R

"Keep'm on the Steel"

Bottom Dealin Mike

D.R. I can't complain. Your pics have convinced me to leave the C&B rammer on my conversion. I want guns like Wild Bill's!  ;D

Mason Stillwell

WOW that is FANTISTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mason
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Known early on as Pole Cat Pete
Tar Heel at Heart

Cheyenne

Mason, these really are pretty slick kits and look good.  I should have mine back from color case/bluing later this week.  here's what one of them looked like in the white.

Well..........Bye!

bushman66

BTT

Cheyenne...any update on this beauty?

Bottom Dealin Mike

Mine is back from being re-cased and having the barrel lined to .357.

It is a beauty!!!

I'll try to get some pics out this week.

I fitted it with a set of Buffalo Brother poly-ivory grips with a Liberty Eagle "carving". Hickok would have been proud!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com