NEW Texas NCOWS club

Started by Cole Bluesteele, October 01, 2008, 11:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole Bluesteele

After checking with the NCOWS headquarters, it is permissible for our CAS club to be both an NCOWS Posse and a SASS affiliated club.  Given this information and the fact that more than 12 members of our club, including all of the officers, wish to see the club become an NCOWS Posse, it looks like we are well on our way to becoming the first NOWS Posse in TEXAS!

NCOWS applications have and are being mailed to the NCOWS headquarters.  Upon the return of the membership packages, the club will be applying to NCOWS for Posse status.  Meanwhile for more information see the following site: www.texastenhorns.com

Cole

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Major 2

Hopefully Florida's not far behind..
when planets align...do the deal !

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Cole Bluesteele on October 22, 2008, 11:08:43 AM
After checking with the NCOWS headquarters, it is permissible for our CAS club to be both an NCOWS Posse and a SASS affiliated club.  Given this information and the fact that more than 12 members of our club, including all of the officers, wish to see the club become an NCOWS Posse, it looks like we are well on our way to becoming the first NOWS Posse in TEXAS!

NCOWS applications have and are being mailed to the NCOWS headquarters.  Upon the return of the membership packages, the club will be applying to NCOWS for Posse status.  Meanwhile for more information see the following site: www.texastenhorns.com

Cole

Cole....
Does that mean that once you get your NCOWS status you will no longer be affiliated with SASS?

Beautiful shooting location!!

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Cole Bluesteele

Ottawa Creek Bill,

No, our club will be both an NCOWS Posse and a SASS affiliated club.  The club can and will meet the standards for both CAS activities.  We will hold seperate shoots/events each under their respective guidelines.  I was surprised by the number of people who voiced one or more of the following sentiments.

!.  Boy, Great!  This'll give me a chance to shoot some guns that I don't shoot in SASS matches because they are not competitive.
2.  Boy, Great!  If we shoot on Saturday, I'll shoot black powder because I don't have to clean the guns as soon as I get home. I can do it a a more leisurely pace over that evening and Sunday.
3.  Boy, Great!  This will give me a chance to shoot some of my old guns that are not accepted in SASS.

The club currently has 60 members and there is no apparent conflict within the membership regarding the two different venues.  The additional matches will generate additional revenues via shoot fees and new memberships with minimal additional expense.

Seems like a Win-Win deal to us.
Cole

Major Matt Lewis

Cole,

I think we shot together once out at End of Trail.  If I remember correctly, you shot classic cowboy and shot a clean match.  It should not be an issue the way you propose to run the posse.  There was a posse out in Colorado who used to do something similiar. 
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Cole Bluesteele

Matt,

We were both at Landrun two years ago.  Both of us won plaques as I recall. You had the Berdan SS uniform at the banquet.  I had a Capt. of the 1st Vol. Cav. modified 1884 fatigue uniform. There was a lady there who asked us about them as she had not seen either before then.

Cole

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com