NEW Texas NCOWS club

Started by Cole Bluesteele, October 01, 2008, 11:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole Bluesteele

There is finally going to be an NCOWS club in Texas!  It will be located within a one hour drive from Dallas.  There are two ranges interested in hosting the club and the site is yet to be determined. If you're interested in being a member contact me.

Cole Bluesteele

Trap

Outstanding! & It's about time! 
  Good work Cole. Do you have any more details at this time you can let us in on?
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Irish Dave

Congratulations, Cole, and well done!

A Lone Star State NCOWS club is long overdue and I can assure you we are all excited about this great news.
Let us know if we can assist you in any way.

Bully, just bully!
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Tjackstephens

Hook um Horns!! Way to go Cole. Great news. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

River City John

I'm standing humbly with my hat over my heart. "Texas, by God!"

Great news. Thank you for your efforts on this, Cole.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Rowdy Fulcher

Texas Jack
Looks like a road trip to me . We love Texas . Good job Cole hope to see you at the National Shoot .

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Thats a far piece from El Paso, where I visit every year or two!

But it is closer than PUKs spread with the Picketts Hill Marshals in southern England, & I did get there.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Fox Creek Kid

You know, I always figured that Texans would have latched onto NCOWS years ago and that by now there would have been some real "fire breathing" posses down there. I think SASS has a strong foothold and also the distances involved precluded this happening....until now.  :)

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Cole Bluesteele

Well, both locations are interested in hosting the posse.   One is outside Greenville at the home of the Texas Ten Horns and the other is outside Glen Rose.  They are SASS clubs.  You can visit their sites at www.texastenhorns.com and www.buckcreekbandoleros.com. to get more info on the locations.  Guess we'll have to schedule an organizational meeting at one of these loactions to get things rolling.  I'll be visiting with the Green ville club this Sunday.  Several TTH members have voiced an interest in NCOWS membership, so I'll get a committment from those persons.  Hopefully, we can get the posse paperwork turned in to NCOWS next week.

Since we have two sites, we may want to alternate locations.  One is northeast of dallas/Fort Worth and the other is southwest.  As you can see from the websites, both have Old West buildings for shooting stages.

Any one who is interested is welcome to attend the Ten Horns Shoot this Sunday and we can discuss the new NCOWS posse.  As I said earlier if enough people sign up we'll turn in the NCOWS posse paperwork next week.

Cole 

John Smith

Cole, I would be interested, an "hour from Dallas" is a lot of territory, can you narrow it down?

Cole Bluesteele

John Smith

Check the above post

Cole

Cole Bluesteele

Well, we had an organizational meeting today.  It looks like we have a firm committment from nine people to join NCOWS and form a posse.  We have made arrangements to shoot at the Texas Ten Horns CAS range just outside Greenville in northeastTexas.  The range is approximately 1 hour northeast of Dallas.

I feel confident that we will have 12+ members within the next few weeks.  At that time we will arrange for insurance and apply for NCOWS affiliation.  If you want to join us.  Contact me and get your NCOWS membership.

Cole

Texas Lawdog

I don't know if you counted me as one of the nine or not. If you didn't, count me in. I live in Grand Prairie and Im already an NCOWS member.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Cole Bluesteele

That's ten.  Yahoo, I'm doing better than Chris (Yul B.)  he only got seven.

Cole

Irish Dave

This all sounds great, fellas. Congrats on the hard work to get things organized. Can't tell you all how happy we are to be gaining an outfit in Texas. It's long overdue.

Again, whatever we can do to assist, feel free to ask.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Howdy Pards in Tejas.  I am a Lone Ranger.  I do not belong to any NCOWS affiliated club.  I live in Canada, but visit El Paso every coupla years.  Googlemaps tells me that I will only be 9 hours away from BUCK CREEK

PM me if you are interested in an ornery member.

NCOWS 1154

PS:  Whoops, thats 11 to 12 hours! To GREENVILLE.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Texas Lawdog

It's 600 miles from Ft Worth to El Paso and about another 100 miles to Greenville.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com