Cimarron Evil Roy

Started by Wandering Man, September 29, 2008, 09:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wandering Man

I was in Fredericksburg this morning and wandered into Texas Jacks. 

I got to put my hands on an Evil Roy modified Cimarron colt clone.  It felt nice in the hand and in the cocking.

Now I'm thinking about getting one.

Any one got any comments about these guns?

Review of Cas City turns up a lot of warnings about customer service.  What about the guns?

Thanks,

WM
Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

IT KIDD

pard, cant beat it for money!  good quality. have two 4 3/4 black powder frames with full action jobs and evil roy spring kits!

Okie Sawbones

My wife's 38s shot well right from the git-go. My 45s were nothing but trouble -- wouldn't reliably bust primers, plus the guns seemed stiff. I sent them back for repair and they were worse than before. I eventually sent them out to Cody Conagher and now they work like a charm. I use them as back-ups.
Okie

NRA Life, VFW Life, DAV Life

Professor Honeyfuggler

I like the Evil Roy guns well enough, both the pistols with wide sights and narrow grips, and the short-stroked ER Brushpopper rifle, but personally, I just don't like having somebody elses's name on my guns. You can get the standard model Cimarrons instead and have them slicked and tuned by a good 'smith for about the same money, maybe a little less. The main advantage they offer is being (so called) "race ready" right outta the box.

But isn't tinkering with your guns to get them just the way you want them part of the fun of it all?

Wandering Man

Quote from: Professor Honeyfuggler on August 25, 2009, 06:18:42 PM
... but personally, I just don't like having somebody elses's name on my guns.

Just for the sake of being argumentative ... Samual Colt, William B. Ruger, Oliver Winchester, Benjamin Tyler Henry, Eliphalet Remington, and John Marlin have their names all over my guns ...

But, I guess its not the same.   ;D

WM
Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

Blackpowder Burn

I know the gunsmith that presently does the action jobs for Cimarron on the Evil Roys and their other repair work.  He also did the early ones.  There was a time in between when Cimarron went to another 'smith and had problems.  It sounds like your 45's may have been from that period.

I can assure you the guy presently doing the work is top notch.  Every new cowboy gun I buy (revolver, riflle or shotgun) passes through his shop before I ever shoot it.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com