Proud Instructor

Started by cowboywc, September 27, 2008, 01:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley Desperado

WOW!!!! Hats off to Students and Instructor both of those projects are beautifully done, my question is when are the students going to start giving lessons and where do I sign up? WC you are one heck of an instructor Pard!!

SaddleRider

cowboywc,

I couldn't agree more with everyone else's comments here and you have every right to be very proud of yourself and your students work.

I'm just amazed at the details of both projects!  Makes me wish, I had done my apprenticeship a bit further west Professor CowboyWC!   ;D ;D ;D

True Works Of Art!

I'm just curious as to how long it took for your students to make them?

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WC,

Please forgive me. I don't know how I missed this topic. All I can say is if I lived out your way, being one of your students would be a real privilege and a top priority for me. You do an outstanding job of passing on your talents!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboywc

Quote from: SaddleRider on February 03, 2009, 04:10:29 AM
cowboywc,

I couldn't agree more with everyone else's comments here and you have every right to be very proud of yourself and your students work.

I'm just amazed at the details of both projects!  Makes me wish, I had done my apprenticeship a bit further west Professor CowboyWC!   ;D ;D ;D

True Works Of Art!

I'm just curious as to how long it took for your students to make them?

Howdy Saddle Rider
Thank you for the kind words.
The box took 9 months from design to finish.
The case was 4 months appox.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

Howdy All
Here is another piece done by one of my students. She still has to lace it together.
WC

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy WC

Totally Awesome, she really has some talent. ::) :o 8)

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

WC
id be proud to have student doing that great of work too  ive gotten to reeally enjoy the figure carving to and had only tried it the oe time at the Jim Linell class i took awhile back and now im hooked LOL
  very cool piece of work
      Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

That's really nice, WC. Some of these students really have talent. Thanks for sharing that with us.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy All
Here is another project done by one of my long time students Sandi, who also runs the store for me.
She bought the new shoes and took off the phoney leather, used it for a pattern and carved the new tops. She also removed the inner sole and added padding and a new inner sole.
WC

cowboywc

Another view

Gun Butcher

WC, all I can say is WOW. A teacher couldn't ask for anything better in students they are truly a talented bunch.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Sandi Sweetheart, you did an AWESOME job on these, you do beautiful work girl, maybe now we can get you to show more of your work, thanks for sharing, WC you did a great job with your students pard.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

WC you have a great student in Sandi but Sandi has a even better teacher in you. KT

GunClick Rick

OH MAN,i love that box!!!!!! :o You are a heck of a teacher Mr.WC,good golly!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Wiley Desperado

Beautiful carving Sandi and a great job re-making those shoes. 
Wiley

JD Alan

WOW! Sandie you are the BOMB! I should have had you carve the roses on that guitar strap I sent down there. What an awesome job of carving as well as all other aspects of the build.

So is that rose design freehand? I wish I had seen that before doing the guitar strap!

You have every right to be proud of your students WC 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

That's quality in you'd see 100 year ago. Real Nice!  8)

cowboywc

Quote from: JD Alan on March 17, 2010, 11:18:25 PM
WOW! Sandie you are the BOMB! I should have had you carve the roses on that guitar strap I sent down there. What an awesome job of carving as well as all other aspects of the build.

So is that rose design freehand? I wish I had seen that before doing the guitar strap!

You have every right to be proud of your students WC 

Howdy JD
Sandi said the leaves came from a George Hurst pattern, she can't remember where the rose pattern came from.
WC

cowboywc

Howdy All
Sandi says to tell you guys thank you for all the kind words.
WC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com