Shootist's!!!!!!

Started by Captain Rob Page, September 26, 2008, 10:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Rob Page

The U.S. mail today brought a package with the May/June and July/August issues of the Shootist. Sure looks like some good reads!

Tjackstephens

My Shootist came today. They were worth the wait. The July/August issue has some of the best articles that I have read for awhile. Rowdy's artile on the 76 rifle was done very well. Books you made me want to go Period Correct and start camping. Very good job indeed!! You pretty well summed it up on the National Shoot Report Jim Mullins. Think this is the best issue that has been to the printer. Thank you to the editor, printer, and writers. This was a GREAT job. TJ

Don't know who that fat cowboy is on the cover with the color guard, however he is standing correct.
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Steel Horse Bailey

You look great, TJS.

It's that fat guy on the end who looks in pain I wonder about!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Sod Buster

I got mine on Tuesday as well.  Time to start reading them.  Given that it takes sooooo long between issues - perhaps I should read real slowly.   ;D ;D ;D ;D :o
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

James Hunt

GOT MINE! I can not believe the quality of this magazine with but amateur journalists and volunteer labor. Great job guys. great job. My hats off to the leadership of NCOWS and the Shootist once again.
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Will Ketchum

The May/June issue was very timely for me since I just acquired a Colt New Service.

I went to the range today and boy does this gun shoot!  My normal loads for the 45 Colt were a bit stout in this gun.  Much like shooting a full load in a 44 magnum. :o   I think I'll try some 200 grain bullets so my old arthritic right hand doesn't hurt so bad :)

This may just be my competition gun for the next shoot..

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Deadeye Don

Still waiting for mine to arrive...........again.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Deadeye Don on October 04, 2008, 07:30:35 AM

Keep the baby, Faith.

::)

It'll be here, Don.  Mine came yesterday. (Fri)  Good stuff ... VERY well done.

Thanks George, Dave and all contributors.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

HorsePen Henry

Howdy boys,
I'll be a waiting at the gate for the postrider tomorrow then. Can't hardly wait. Thanks for the heads up,
X Horse Pen  :D
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Major 2

Quote from: Deadeye Don on October 04, 2008, 07:30:35 AM

same here Don... I've only seen two issues since Jan-Feb & March-Apr ... 5 months ago
when planets align...do the deal !

Deadeye Don

I am convinced that the mail person opens mine,  keeps it for a couple of weeks, then expertly reseals it and finally delivers it.  She slipped up last time with the coffee and powder sugar stains on the front cover.   ;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Major 2

I used to get the SASS rag ...it came torn, dirty, sometime missing the first front pages.
Looked like it was use to pad out kitty litter.

I'm sure it was handed around before I ever saw it  ::)

Cutter Carl

Mine arrived last Thursday.  Read them both, excellant articles.  Major I really liked the Cracker Cowboy stories.
NCOWS #3053
SASS #79783
Cracker Cow Cavalry - Florida's 1st NCOWS Posse
CCC - Marshall
Eagle Scout 1980

Major 2

Thanks... I do some more in 09

I still havn't seen my copies though  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com