Remington No 11 Caps

Started by Ned Pepper GB, September 26, 2008, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Pepper GB

Down to my last tin of Remington No 11 Caps and cannot get to my usual supplier who is some distance away before the next shoot.

My pard PUK kindly went to his local gunshop in Portsmouth and got me a couple of tins for the next shoot.

Now here's the RUB, cost, £5 per tin of 100 or £50 per thousand, I reckon that's about $95 per thousand!!!

I checked the price with my normal source who is a good friend and he confirms that is the suggested retail over here in the UK although he always does me a good deal. Now please tell me are we being ripped off big time, what do you pay your side of the pond.

Ned
Ned Pepper GB
Picketts Hill Marshals
Sootlord
BOLD 452
SCORRS
RATS

Pettifogger

Remington caps have gone up in price dramatically the last year.  They are running around $5.00 U.S. dollars per hundred or $50.00 per thousand.  Remington caps only come packaged on the hanging style blister packs and come 50 packs (5,000) to the case.  Even when I buy them by the case, they are over $4.50 per hundred.  Looks like you are paying about twice what we are here.  A little over a year ago, I was buying Remington caps by the case for less than $3.00 per hundred.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

I have a supply of CCI & Rem #11 caps, but need some number 10 Remmies.  My local has them on back order!  CCI #10s are in stock, but over $6.00 Canadian per 100!

My gunshopguy's comment was "everything is coming in just a little bit higher this year"!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Ellsworth MacDoogle

Have found them to be much less $$$ online. Places like www.gamaliel.com has #10's and #11's    http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=3866&cat=351&page=1 have them for $37./1000 - do have to pay the $20. hazmat fee, so have to get at least 1000...(pretty sure can buy 5000 with same $20. hazmat fee)... guess that still works out to about $4. per 100 when buying 5000 - just have to shoot a lot!   www.grafs.com only a bit more, and has more black powder accoutrements...I've heard the Grafs black powder is cleaner than Goex - will have to do some extensive testing :)

Pettifogger

Quote from: kid copland on September 28, 2008, 02:25:14 AM
Have found them to be much less $$$ online. Places like www.gamaliel.com has #10's and #11's    http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=3866&cat=351&page=1 have them for $37./1000 - do have to pay the $20. hazmat fee, so have to get at least 1000...(pretty sure can buy 5000 with same $20. hazmat fee)... guess that still works out to about $4. per 100 when buying 5000 - just have to shoot a lot!   www.grafs.com only a bit more, and has more black powder accoutrements...I've heard the Grafs black powder is cleaner than Goex - will have to do some extensive testing :)

Yeah, until you add in hazmat and don't forget that shipping is on top of the hazmat fee.  I buy them from Gamaliel 5,000 at a time.  If the absolute slowest and cheapest shipping is used hat puts the cost per hundred at $4.30.  I can buy them at Cabellas for $4.99.  A year ago they were way less than $3.00 per hundred if purchased by the case (5,000) from Gamaliel.  Buying them on line doesn't save near as much as it used to because the price has simply gone up dramatically.

Ned Pepper GB

Thanks for the information, appears we are all paying a lot more than we did even a few months ago.

I can buy 1000 rounds of .22 Mini Mag for slightly less than a thousand caps, don't make sense to me.

Good to hear from you Sir Charles,  it was great meeting and shooting with you and Kristian, I think he's gonna join us.

Thanks everybody

Ned
Ned Pepper GB
Picketts Hill Marshals
Sootlord
BOLD 452
SCORRS
RATS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com