Is there any place to order 5 lbs of B.P. and not pay the hazmat fee?

Started by Ace Lungger, September 25, 2008, 10:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

:)Hi fellows,
I heard BP is going up Oct 1, and all I can afford to buy is 5 lbs, is there any place to buy 5lbs and not have to pay the hazmat fee, i am Shooting The german power starts with a S.
As you all know I am real new to B.P. shooting, and i know one reason that I had never done it before, the COST :o :o :o, I can get about 280 rounds of 44 C$B per pound! On my 38's I get 2275 rounds per pound! i will agree it isn't a awesome as shooting the Wholy Black, But when your top pay I ever made was $18,000.00 and i don't get that now!
Before the Bradey Bill past, my group of shooters were shooting at least 500 rounds up to 1000 rounds a week, combo shotgun rifle and pistol, but we were paying $4.50 per lb for powder, 9mm brass 1 1/2 cents a piece, $10.95 per thousand for primers, it didn't cost a lot to shoot! It was 30 days after the bill pasted, 9mm brass went to $60.00, primers went to $22.50 per 1000, powder doubled, I all but quit shotting. Know that I can't do anything, all i think about is guns and making leather products!

I need to buy some B.P. I live in S.E. Kansas, if there are some guys that live close that want to go in on a case, get a hold of me, and maybe we all can save some money!!

Thanks ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Pettifogger

If it has to be transported you have to pay the hazmat fee whether its 1 pound or 20.  If no store has it locally, your best bet is to put an order together with some other people and order as much as possible so the hazmat fee and shipping costs are spread out as much as possible.

Ranch 13

You're paying the hazmat fee whether you see it or not.
Actually you can get 5 lbs of black from Grafs for less per pound than smokeless before you figure the hazmat.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Howdy Doody

Powder Inc. Their prices include the hazmat and you can order 5 lbs.

Getting together with others on a 25 pound order turns out to be the most economical way to go usually.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Deadguy

If you don't want to pay the HazMat fee, you can get your BP by buying potassium nitrate and sulfur separately, and then by making your own charcoal.  Then you put it together yourself....  ;)
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

Pony Racer

Just check your local ordinances.

You might be surprised how many places do not allow the manufacture of homer made explosives of any kind!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Dusty Morningwood

I just ordered 25 lbs from Powder Inc.  Should keep me shooting for awhile.  Would have bought more but I am not sure about LT storage.

Noz

Drive up to Old Cabin in Carthage and buy what you want over the counter.

Ace Lungger

:)Thanks Pards for all the advice!
I don't believe I will try and make any! I still have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, even if they don't work as good as they did, I still like having them :o ;D.
NR, I was going to call over to The Old cabin and get a price, do you know wheather he has the German powder?
If anyone would of told me 6 months ago I would be spending any money powder I would of laugh at them! I never planned on spending a penny on powder for the rest of my life!

Thanks alot
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Rusty Spurless

Not to hijack this thread but ya'll might want to consider some solidarity & making a stand.

Goex is trying to get the hazmat class changed of the holy black. If successful it wont have any more regulation than smokey-less powder.

I dont know about ya'll but over the last 5yrs every gunshop in my area has stopped selling the only true powder.

Do yourselves & the rest of us a favor & visit the Goex site www.goexpowder.com, print several copies of the front page & take them to all your local gunshops/sporting goods retailers & help them get this passed.

Rusty Spurless

Dark Lord of Soot
Warthog
SASS #63360
NCOWS #3096
USFA CSS
STORM

Noz

Quote from: Ace Lungger on September 26, 2008, 08:37:07 AM
:)Thanks Pards for all the advice!
I don't believe I will try and make any! I still have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, even if they don't work as good as they did, I still like having them :o ;D.
NR, I was going to call over to The Old cabin and get a price, do you know wheather he has the German powder?
If anyone would of told me 6 months ago I would be spending any money powder I would of laugh at them! I never planned on spending a penny on powder for the rest of my life!

Thanks alot
ACE

He has Graf and Sons powder. So I understand, same-same Schuetzen. Appears to be clean. What I have fired is good. When I run out of GOEX that's where I'll go.
Last I bought was one pound and it was $12.30.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com