Pale Rider - Oak Tree Boots

Started by Gun Creek Phil, September 20, 2008, 07:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Creek Phil

Howdy,

Looking for what's available for an old west costume,i've seen already Caboots and Fall Creek Sutlery civil war products which seems suit both for 1865 1875 era (the era I prefer).
I found also these Pale Rider boots from Oak Tree.I'm a Eastwood western movies fan so  ::)...when I look to these boots.
Anyway does someone here  knows about these boots (quality...).
Are they period correct ? (And by the way which period 1870 or rather 1880 and after?).
Thanks. :D
Gun Creek Phil
Old West Historical Forum (FRANCE)
http://oldwestory.1fr1.net/forum

" Fast is fine but accuracy is everything " Wyatt Earp.
"Je voudrais ton 32 Bob" Little Bill Dagget in Unforgiven

Delmonico

Quote from: Gun Creek Phil on September 20, 2008, 07:59:39 AM
Howdy,

Looking for what's available for an old west costume,i've seen already Caboots and Fall Creek Sutlery civil war products which seems suit both for 1865 1875 era (the era I prefer).
I found also these Pale Rider boots from Oak Tree.I'm a Eastwood western movies fan so  ::)...when I look to these boots.
Anyway does someone here  knows about these boots (quality...).
Are they period correct ? (And by the way which period 1870 or rather 1880 and after?).
Thanks. :D

They are a copy of the "Coffeyville' style cowboy boot with a Cuba heel, of the type that was developed in the late 1860's.  Simialer to the old Buffalo runner and COWS brand of the same.  I carry them and plan to buy a pair after Christmas, quality seems to be as good as those already meantioned.

As for Pale Rider, it's just a name like Impala or Mustang on a car.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

St. George

The 'name' of the boot style means nothing, as has been stated - it's merely a marketing device.

These are typical stovepipe boots with the Cubane heel - a style developed in Coffeyville, Kansas and popular with trail drovers - and feature a spur rest at the heel top..

Preferring a cathedral-stitched boot, I wear a pair of Tonto Rim's 'Bronco' boots.

They're of excellent quality and I'm sure these follow along the same path.

The smooth, one-piece front was seen during and after the Civil War - changing to a multi-piece design in the 1880's.

Cathedral stitching was used to give the boot some stiffness, as well as for decoration.

For your stated time frame, this style's a good choice.

Incidentally - you can change the era of your boots simply by wearing your trousers on the inside for an earlier timeframe and on the outside for later - or even for in town wear.

Be absolutely certain of your size - and if in any doubt, talk to the vendor.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Gun Creek Phil

QuoteThey are a copy of the "Coffeyville' style cowboy boot with a Cuba heel, of the type that was developed in the late 1860's.  Simialer to the old Buffalo runner and COWS brand of the same.  I carry them and plan to buy a pair after Christmas, quality seems to be as good as those already meantioned.As for Pale Rider, it's just a name like Impala or Mustang on a car.

QuoteThe 'name' of the boot style means nothing, as has been stated - it's merely a marketing device.
These are typical stovepipe boots with the Cubane heel - a style developed in Coffeyville, Kansas and popular with trail drovers - and feature a spur rest at the heel top..Preferring a cathedral-stitched boot, I wear a pair of Tonto Rim's 'Bronco' boots.
They're of excellent quality and I'm sure these follow along the same path.The smooth, one-piece front was seen during and after the Civil War - changing to a multi-piece design in the 1880's.Cathedral stitching was used to give the boot some stiffness, as well as for decoration.For your stated time frame, this style's a good choice.
Incidentally - you can change the era of your boots simply by wearing your trousers on the inside for an earlier timeframe and on the outside for later - or even for in town wear.Be absolutely certain of your size - and if in any doubt, talk to the vendor.

I'm happy to see these boots fits for the era considered and even latter or also for town wear  by wearing them on outside :D
Yes i'll talk to the vendor to carefully check the size.A least I like very much their simple aspect, they will be nice with my high waisted striped trousers. :)
Gun Creek Phil
Old West Historical Forum (FRANCE)
http://oldwestory.1fr1.net/forum

" Fast is fine but accuracy is everything " Wyatt Earp.
"Je voudrais ton 32 Bob" Little Bill Dagget in Unforgiven

Delmonico

Quote from: Gun Creek Phil on September 21, 2008, 03:12:38 AM
I'm happy to see these boots fits for the era considered and even latter or also for town wear  by wearing them on outside :D
Yes i'll talk to the vendor to carefully check the size.A least I like very much their simple aspect, they will be nice with my high waisted striped trousers. :)

If you don't get an answer on sizing you are happy with, send me a PM, I'm good at figuring sizes over the phone, I have my ways. :)

BTW I'd say about 1/4 to 1/3rd of folks wear a shoe/boot to long and narrow. :)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Buffalow Red

When you say you cary them Delmonico does that mean you got a store
if so whats your contact info
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

Texas Lawdog

He works at THE FORT Western Wear Store in Lincoln, Nebraska.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on September 21, 2008, 06:24:31 PM
He works at THE FORT Western Wear Store in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Yes - and you can call him (toll free) at:

1-877-907-3678, when asked for, the extension is 199

Great service !
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Coyote Hunter

I know this is an older post, but I have to put in my "Test report"... ;D

These are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I bought mine when Tonto Rim Slim thought he was going out of buisness out here in Seymore Indiana (I live in Kentucky) for a sale price of $150.00. The only had one 10 1/5 D left and I wear a EE. Slim said it was the same, the trick is the have a soft sole inserted foe the "D" size and take the sole out for the wider size. I actually broke them in with the sof sole and they are as comfortabe as tennis shoes.

I don't CAS, but belong to a Western reenactment group in Southern Indiana. There are times we are on hard concrete and asphalt all day working festivals and robbing banks. My 2 inch heel boots I have were KILLING my feet to the point of almost not being able to walk at the end of the day. Now that I have these "Pale Riders" I like to wear them out here on the farm, but I don't want to wear them out. If I do, I'm just going to have them resoled.

The only complaint I have is, on horseback. The sole is SO slick, my foot slips out of the stirrup easily.So I'm looking at a different stirrup.

If you get a pair, you'll want to wear them everywhere.
"The Lord Is My Shepherd, The Bible is my guide, My horse is my partner, Mr. Remrington's on my side."

Member of the American Frontier Reenactment Guild
SixGuns Entertainment, Inc. www.sixgunsonline.com
T & L Ministries as the Circuit Rider Bro. Beauregard http://saddlebagpreacher.blogspot.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com