Gone for a bit

Started by Forty Rod, September 14, 2008, 07:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

Starting tonight, Sunday, September 14th, I'll be gone for five days.  My wife is getting radiation treatments in Los Angeles and it makes sense for us to take rooms there until Friday night after her last treatment.

I'm not even going to try to use a computer in that time, so your messages may go unanswered.  If recent experience is any indicator I'll find 350-375 when I get back.

I'll let you all know when I return and what Shawna's results are.

Vaya con Dios.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Tensleep

Our best wishes and prayers go with you and Shawna.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Silver Creek Slim

I'll be praying, pard.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ozark Tracker

our prayers and best wishes for Shawna and you, 
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Sod Buster

Prayers & Best Wishes from here as well.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Scarlet Angel

Prayers up for you and Shawna.
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Texas Lawdog

Prauers for you and yours Rod. Be safe.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Day late. My best to 'em. They'll be in my thought 'n prayers.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Lucky Irish Tom

Prayers up for Shawna and you!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Texas Lawdog

Take some reading materials, you're gonna do a lot of sittin' and waitin'.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

All our best to you.  Hope all goes well.

Leo  
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Russ T Chambers

Prayers up for Shawna and you!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Delmonico

Prayers up for both of you my friend, I know you've said plenty for me in the past.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Four-Eyed Buck

Prayers on the way, Forty...........Buck&Sue&Sandy
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Trinity

The two of you will be in my thoughts.  Please report in as soon as you can.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Forty Rod

Got back yesterday afternoon (Friday) tired and out of sorts.  My daughter brought the dog back and I had to take her to the airport at 5:00am.  My son decided to come down from Vegas and brought my grandson.  Glad to see them, but the timing stinks.

Wife is exhausted and sore from the radiation and the catheter, but this "new" procedure is much superior to the old one.  We have to go back into the bowels of hell (Los Angeles) again a week after next Friday and then all of her follow-up visits will be local after that.  Looks like the doctors are very happy with the outcome.  They found it very early and very tiny, and they are confident they stopped it cold...but with cancers of any kind it's a game of wait and see and constant vigilance.

Shawna and I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  It's really great to know so many people care.

I came home to 474 e-mails and simply deleted most of them, so if I didn't get back to you, I apologize, but I just wasn't up to reading all of them.  Today I have had several outbreaks of violent napping.  I feel another one coming on now

Thanks again..

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Tensleep

Tom you need to do what is best for you and Shawna, ta hell with tha emails.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Texas Lawdog

Sometimes ya just gotta get that rest when you can to recharge your batteries.

Lucky Irish Tom

Those violent napping spells seem to occur more often as you get older Forty.  You've earned em so just kick back and enjoy them!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com