44 & 45 cal Hollow Base bullets

Started by Steel Horse Bailey, September 10, 2008, 12:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

Me and Jed Cooper were trying to find RNFP HB bullets for sale and have run into a problem.  Can't seem to find any - but I only know of a couple places to look.

River Junction no longer lists any for 44/45 and Buffalo Arms said theirs are out of stock with a LOooONG wait projected for more.

Besides moulding our own (not really wanting to do) do any of you know who else might sell these, hopefully already sized and lubed?  (.429" or .430" with SPG or other good BP suitable lube needed)

Thanks, pards!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

sundance44`s

Heck I`d settle for a mold to cast some hollow base...in 45 cal ..452 dia ....Anyone know of a mold ?
I use a hollow base bullet for my 45/70 ..they are good accurate bullets ..Lee Mold.
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Wills Point Pete

Well, the Remington .455 hollow based RNFP is a pretty good bullet. My main complaint is that black, messy lube. I have to pull the bullet seating die out and spray it with brake cleaner or carb cleaner every so often. When I want to use these bullets with genuine Black Powder I simply fill the hollow base with my homemade BP Lube over a Walter's Wad. This is enough lube, not only for my handguns but also for the 24 inch barrel on my '92 clone.
They are all the way up to $48.00 for five hundred these days but that is still cheaper than most anybody else in the bullet biz. Midway is about the best place I know of to buy them.

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Pony Racer

SHB - I have found this guy great.

He sells the just the bullets too.

http://www.gadcustomcartridges.com/

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Steel Horse Bailey

Thanks, PR!

I WILL call him to see if he has any!

litl rooster

should have known to ask you PR...great link
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com