38Slim moulds are here!

Started by Springfield Slim, September 08, 2008, 10:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Springfield Slim

I will do a test cast tomorrow and ship the next day if all goes well.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

hellgate

OK, I'll bite. What's a 38Slim bullet look like? Is this like the Snakebite bullet? I tried to get the snakebite bullet to feed reliably in my Pumas and was unsuccessful. I liked the concept but couldn't make it work.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Dick Dastardly

Mornin' Hellgate,

I think all 'em Pumas are 92s.  If yours is a 92, measure the distance between the rails.  If it's too big, the gun will stovepipe every now and then.  I ended my stovepiping problems by putting a Ten Thousandths brass shim under the RIGHT rail.  I got the fix from Marauder's web site and it worked.  Now the gun runs Snakebites without ever a bobble.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Springfield Slim

They are a 105 grain Truncated cone Big Lube(tm) bullet. Should be good for regular length 38 special and also for 38 S&W pocket pistols.

hellgate

Hey thanks for the swift answers. I'm shooting 158 grainers with 777 (3F BTW) and once I get the OAL dialed in there's no problem. Just that each bullet needs a different OAL to sing.

DD, I've thunk real hard on the rail shim and almost done it but chickened out since so far, so good on functionality for both my rifles. I may just up and do it as i keep getting reminders from guys like you that don't regret it.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Springfield Slim

Test cast has bullets at 100 grains and .360-.361.

Springfield Slim

All moulds were mailed this morning, even Mick's in Australia and Arne's in Sweden.

Ruckus Ralph

Hey Slim...

If you need somebody to try these bullets out for U, I will be more than glad to be your test dummy...  ;D
I have been looking for a lighter weight 38cal bullet to use with my black powder...
I have our Louisiana State match and Comin At Cha next month and I need some bullets..

Are you goin to be selling the bullets, sized and lubed?
Thanks and let me know whats going on.
Ruckus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com