Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Quote from: Scattered Thumbs on September 04, 2008, 06:30:33 AM
Was Marmon mentioned already?

I wondered when you'd show up here. ;D

No on the Mercer nt sure on the Marmon
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Ray Harron won the first Indy race in 1911 driving a Marmon Wasp.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on September 04, 2008, 06:36:25 AM
Ray Harron won the first Indy race in 1911 driving a Marmon Wasp.

I didn't know you were that old.....and still remember it to boot. ;D
Mathew 5.9

Scattered Thumbs

Quote from: litl rooster on September 04, 2008, 06:33:29 AM

I wondered when you'd show up here. ;D

;D

I don't remember seeing Jordan being quoted either

Was the kissel mentioned?

What about Locomobile?

Texas Lawdog

LR, My memory is still purty good for an Ol' wore out Cop.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Try my memory now.....

Jordan/Kissel   No
Locomobile    Yes
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Yes there was a Jordan, a Kissel, and a Locomobile.  The Locomobile won the Vanderbilt Cup in 1908. It was the first American auto to do so.

Arcey

Ya reckon it's too early ya list Dodge?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Scattered Thumbs

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on September 04, 2008, 06:36:25 AM
Ray Harroun won the first Indy race in 1911 driving a Marmon Wasp.

And I think it was the first known use of a rear view mirror.

But I remember the Marmons mostly for their 16 cylinder luxury models in the early thirties.

By the way. Delmonico, I'm still waiting for those Duesenberg pictures.  ::)

Edit: Darn I'm getting old! I went back to look and...Marmon was the first one 40 Rod mentioned.

Scattered Thumbs

Got 'nother two.

Lozier

Chandler

Scattered Thumbs

Quote from: litl rooster on September 04, 2008, 06:52:10 AM
   Try my memory now.....

Jordan/Kissel   No
Locomobile    Yes

I went back again and... Del already had Jordan (he also got Locomobile for that matter) ::)

I loved their adds (I have them in "All American adds" from the twenties)

Scattered Thumbs

Is the Rockne in yet?

40 Rod can you put up a list to keep track of things?

Texas Lawdog

How About a Blackhawk?

Scattered Thumbs

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on September 04, 2008, 10:03:22 AM
How About a Blackhawk?

That's a Stutz revived with a Pontiac heart.

Scattered Thumbs

Does the Viking (from Oldsmobile division) count?

If so, Marquette (from Buick) will count too, right?

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Scattered Thumbs on September 04, 2008, 09:07:52 AM

40 Rod can you put up a list to keep track of things?

Rod's busy with other matters now, but offered anyone else ta take over.  You seem ta have the savy ta run this thing, yer kickin butt :D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Scattered Thumbs

Quote from: Leo Tanner on September 04, 2008, 01:31:33 PM
Rod's busy with other matters now, but offered anyone else ta take over.  You seem ta have the savy ta run this thing, yer kickin butt :D

Leo

Only now I realize what's happening.   :-[  Hope everything goes well.

I will make the list.

Scattered Thumbs

List so far:

Acme
Allstate
AMC
American Austin
American Bantam
American Chocolate
Apperson
Auburn
Autocar
Baker electric
Brush
Chalmers
Checker
Cord
Cunningham
DeSoto
Detroit electric
Doble
Duesenberg
Dupont
Durant
Duryea
Edsel
Essex
Excalibur
Franklin
Geo
Graham
Graham-Paige
Haynes
Haynes-Apperson
Hudson
Huppmobile
Hupp Motors
Jordan
Kaiser
King Midget
Kissel
La France
La Salle
Locomobile
Lozier
Marmon
Marquette
Maxwell
Mercer
Mercury
Miller – I don't think Harry Miller ever produced a road car, only racers
Nash
Oakland
Oldsmobile
Overland
Packard
Pearless
Pierce-Arrow
Plymouth
Ranger
Reo
Rockne
Skene
Stanley Sreamer
Studebaker
Stutz
Terraplane
Thomas
Tucker
Viking
Walter
White
Wills Sainte Claire
Willys

Hope  didn't left anything out

Arcey

Ya left out Acme 'n Autocar......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com