A new game?

Started by Forty Rod, September 01, 2008, 02:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Delmonico on September 02, 2008, 06:08:22 PM
More famous for fire trucks but didn't LaFrance make cars?
Yeah, but not too many.  They was kinda like Thomas and the school busses.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Tensleep

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Tensleep

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

How about some steam powered autos   White, Doble, Alena, Altmann, Skene, Coats,    NON Steam   Ranger, Rickett, Oakland, Viking, Dureau, and DKW.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Forty Rod

LaFrance (Before they became Ameican LaFrance), Thomas and the famous Thomas Flyer, Hupp Motors / Hupmobile, Overland (later Willys-Overland and then just Willys), Autocar, and White (before they switched to trucks and stopped making cars.  They built one called a Flyer, too.)

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on September 02, 2008, 06:34:17 PM
How about some steam powered autos   White (mentioned above), Doble (yes), Alena (Not under that spelling, but it rings a bell...still looking.), Altmann (Don't have a reference on that one.), Skene (yes), Coats (No reference),    NON Steam   Ranger (yes, moved to Canada after the first year but it qualifies) Rickett (?), Oakland (yes), Viking (yes...twice.  The last one in about 1985-1987 era), Dureau (Duryea?  Already mentioned.), and DKW (German).

You guys are making me work on some obscure stuff and some pretty well-known cars are still outstanding.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Leo Tanner

Geo cars was made in Fremont, CA, now those models are under the Chevy flag comin out of Mexico.

Who could ferget the Javilin and the Gremilin from AMC.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Leo Tanner

A questionable one.  Renault was a french thing but they was connected with Jeep an AMC.
     The man who played Patton was the spokesman so it had ta be some kind of American.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Leo Tanner

OK, I'm rambling here, but somethin just struck me as funny.
     One of the Renault models George was pitchin was called the Alliance.
Guess there wasn't room on the trunk lid ta call it the We Saved Their Butts And They Fergot About It. 
     Prolly would a been a bad marketing move back in the 80's ::)

OK, on with the game.

Roland Deschain

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Leo Tanner on September 02, 2008, 08:35:05 PM
Geo cars was made in Fremont, CA, now those models are under the Chevy flag comin out of Mexico.

Who could ferget the Javilin and the Gremilin from AMC.

Leo

I'll buy Geo and AMC, but Gremlin, AMX, Javelin, et al were models, not brands.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Leo Tanner on September 02, 2008, 08:39:44 PM
A questionable one.  Renault was a french thing but they was connected with Jeep an AMC.
     The man who played Patton was the spokesman so it had ta be some kind of American.
Leo

You can't have Renault for the same reason you can't have Jaguar and Volvo, both owned by Ford now.

Forty Rod

Major E A Sterner

How about the Hudson, Bricklin or Jensen?
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Major E A Sterner

Fourty If a furrin car was made in the states would that count? If so than add Fiat, they were built in a factory in Poughkeepsie NY in the 20's or 30's for a short while and I don't think they're still made(at least I hope so :D )
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Forty Rod

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on September 02, 2008, 10:45:48 PM
How about the Hudson, Bricklin or Jensen?

Hudson's already been called.  The Bricklin was Canadian and Jensen / Jensen-Ferguson cars were British.

Guys, I'm gonna shut this one down for my part.  I'm gonna be in and out for the next couple of days because my wife is starting her cancer therapy tomorrow.  If someone else wants to take it over I won't be offended.

Before I bail completely:

Mercer
Cunningham
Maxwell
Graham / Graham-Paige
American Ausitin
American Bantam
Excaliber
Haynes-Apperson
Haynes
Apperson
Frederick
and
Detroit Electric

Texas Lawdog

There a a car called the Ranger and it was buit in Waco, Texas in the early 20's. I can't seem to find out anymore that that. I saw in a car museum but I don't remember where. I love old cars and much as I love WWII airplanes.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Mercer is the one I couldn't drag outtah my head.

Did come up with Kissel 'n Peerless. Too late.

Del got the easy ones.

Prayers for the wife 'n yerself,  Forty Rod.

litl rooster

Did the Peerless leak like their faucets?

Keep us up on your Wife Forty, and a prayer from here
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

A Mercer was sorta like a Stutz Bearcat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com