A new game?

Started by Forty Rod, September 01, 2008, 02:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

What about a King Midget?  I had one of those when I was a kid. It had a 9 HP motor.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Delmonico on September 01, 2008, 04:24:08 PM
Don't free-get the Edsal. ;D

Everybody else did.  Did anyone mention Tucker yet?  Prolly did, I'm too busy ta look back.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

The City Police in my hometown got 2 new 59 Edsels for patrol cars. They had the 430 engines in them and those things would run.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Quote from: Arcey on September 01, 2008, 04:33:45 PM
Edsel was a Ford.

Yeah but a seperate line, kinda Like the Plymouth, Olds thing, Forty gave me credit for them. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Russ T Chambers

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Texas Lawdog

Packard and Studebaker.

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Russ T Chambers on September 01, 2008, 04:58:25 PM
Nash

Do ya remember that really annoying song about the Nash Rambler?  Been years since I heard it :D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck

Beep, beep, his horn would go beep, beep ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Forty Rod

Quote from: Delmonico on September 01, 2008, 04:20:56 PM
Besides th Olds and LaSalle, GM dropped the Durant years ago.

Durant is another one I missed.  Good one, Del.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Tensleep on September 01, 2008, 04:22:19 PM
Didn't IH put out a little roadster?

Looked kinda like a Willis Jeepster.....

Doesn't ring any bells.  Let me know what you find.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Delmonico on September 01, 2008, 04:24:08 PM
Don't free-get the Edsal. ;D

Edsel, Ford's answer to the question no one asked.  Good nitch car without a nitch.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Arcey on September 01, 2008, 04:33:45 PM
Edsel was a Ford.

Either of y'all ever own a Scout? We bought six brand new in the mid-seventies. The only thing I've ever seen what made a Ramcharger seem like a decent vehicle.

Edsel was its own brand, like Lincoln and Mercury.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on September 01, 2008, 04:37:46 PM
What about a King Midget?  I had one of those when I was a kid. It had a 9 HP motor.

Micro cars will count, too.  King Midget is the first one on the list.

Forty Rod

Forty Rod

El Peludo

Dang, here I am getting in here late; most everything I could dredge up from the cobwebs has been mentioned, except perhaps Franklin, and Marmon.  Franklins had a big old air cooled six cylinder engine, and straight cut gears in the transmission - they growled and howled going along the highway  Marmon made some pretty classy roadsters and limos in the twenties; still made heavy trucks in the US until a few years ago, too, but I think they are in Canada now; guess I should "google" them and find out, eh?.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Lucky Irish Tom

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Tensleep

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Arcey

Franklin. Had a couple guys in the Tidewater Region AACA with 'em.

Pierce. Stutz. They're a l'il out of my pay grade.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

Auburn, Dusenberg, Frazier, Stanley Steamer,  Hispano Suiza, Miller

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com