Photo for Ten Wolves

Started by outrider, August 27, 2008, 08:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Ten Wolves,
Since you are the new owner of a Sharps rifle I thought you might want to see me in action at the Alabama State Shoot in 2003.  I was using a Pedersoli 74 Sharps.  Range was 200 yards onto five 16" steel targets. The event was timed.  I shot five with five hits in 42 seconds and came in forth place.  One guy did it in 33 seconds flat and he came in second.  Anyway it was sure fun...You will have a great time with that rifle
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Outrider

Thats some good shooting pard, and your right it looks like a lot of fun, if you came in fourth at 5 hits in 42 sec. and the other guy hit 5 in 33 sec to make third what did first and second place do, thats good shooting all around, especially with a big bore single shot. It also looks like a nice way to spend the day, so Outrider how long did it take before you could shoot that fast with a Sharps Rifle, thats impressive no matter what, I think I'm really going to enjoy this sport, I don't know of any ranges that have really long distance's like 600 to 800, or even 1000 yd. I'll have to start looking, but for now 200/300 yd will do just fine, I'm going to build me a Johnny McCrea's rifle but cover, for mine , it should help the shoulder a lot. ??? ::)

Thanks Outrider for sharing this with me , and I hope others will enjoy seeing you do your thing with the Sharps Rifle
                                                                   You look good Pard  ;) :D 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Dang! 200 yards? That's good shootin'! :o
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

outrider

I don't remember or don't want to remember ;D what the first place guy did but he was using a rolling block, as was the the second place (the pardner in black in the photo) that shot the 33 second string.  Actually this was the first time that I had shot that thing under time.  The year before we fired 200 yards at the German 25 ring target.  I guess they figured it took too much time to go out to the target line and replace the targets so in 2003 they decided to go for time on the steel. If I remember correctly we had a woman shooting a Sharps who came in 6th place.

I have not been shooting the 74 Sharps lately due to the fact that during our monthly shoots we are only shooting at 100 yards....but on a 6" steel target...so I have been using the 75 C. Sharps 38-55 for that shoot.  The target is painted white and even at 100 yards it is a small fuzzy looking little circle.  But we have fun
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

:) That was Super shooting Outrider!!! :o :o That timed shooting does allow any time for error, don't think i am going to shoot mine at any type of timed event! Sure did look like you were having a good time? and you placed AWSOME!

Thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Outrider

WOW after seeing your picture and reading your posts, I'm more excited than ever, I went to bed last night and all I could think about was being on the line and trying to shoot and load as fast as I could, and this went on all night, you can't beat GOOD DREAMS like that, thanks for planting the seed Pard. ??? ;D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com