acronyms or whatever you call'em.

Started by pinto bean, August 27, 2008, 09:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinto bean

pards,ya'll have to look pass my bein' such an ignorant yahoo,but i look in the classifieds here 'n there'n other gun places 'n i see all these acronyms such as btt and bump and such. pards, i haven't a clue as to what these mean. is there a glossary somewhere?

i'd like to be a little bit up-to-date. maybe not to the point where i  can send a text message as that is way beyond my
meagre mentality.

thanx 'n feel free to move this to whatever forum this rightfully belongs in( there i go ending a sentence with a preposition- told you i was an ignorant yahoo)

pinto bean

Camille Eonich

Bump means someone wants the thread to go back to the top so that it is more visible.  BTT = Back To Top which does the same thing that bump does and puts the post back up to the most recent posts at the top of the page.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Forty Rod

It's a whole new language, sorta like Ebonics only easier to learn and understand.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Adirondack Jack

There are bunches of them critters.  They are all meant to be time savers, especially when yer on one of the chat venues where it goes by quick, and yer a slow typist like me (two fingers is it ;)  )

I do use a few of em.

FWIW, = for what it's worth
AFAIK = As far as I know
LOL=  laugh out loud
LMAO = Laugh my a&& off
Then we have LMAOROF which is the same, with "rolling on the floor" added.

Of course in cowboy land, we have gun and bullet related acronyms as well.  Most pards get them easier.

Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Russ T Chambers

Pinto

Here is a site look things up when you run across a new or odd one:

http://www.acronymsearch.com/
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer