Before and after 1873 Pietta

Started by Alabama, August 24, 2008, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabama

Here's my latest creation ,

Before , kinda bland ,

After ,
Since I had an overwhelming responce to my Walnut VS. Birdseye Maple debate on what grips I should use on this revolver
( NOT !  ;D  ) I chose the American Black Walnut , seams to be a favorite of most everyone . Me too , but it surely aint the only wood out there . Birdseye Maple is not only as expensive it is more expensive depending on number and clerity of EYES , and is certainly not an inferiour wood by far , just a different wood . I picked up another Pietta 1858 Old Silver Engraved and its getting the Birdseye Maple . I don't really think most people even know what good Birdseye Maple looks like , especailly gun grip quality . But for people that don't , you will soon !!!  ;D  It is an awsome Maple blank of wood and it's going  on an awsome revolver to do it on  . I am spraying them as we type  ;D

Well , here's the Pietta 1873 BP New Model Frame " Peacemaker "  ;D
I did a good pollishing to everything inside and out too .

It was a fantastic revolver before just stock , Pietta is impressing me lately , but now she handles as good as it looks too .

Alabama

Ace Lungger

:)Alabama,
Got a question for you, i have a pait of uberti 1873's that have that ungly Black Matte finish on them. When I buy a pistol, the first thing i do is a acton job, but out of 30 years of doing so, it has been semi auto's, i built a pair 1873 Hawes last year that were basket cases and had to rework a lot of the new parts I bought because they were made by some M.M. machine shop!
These to Uberti's I didn't have to work on, because they are real dream boats when it comes to there action's and timing!
But I can't stand that finish, so I am going to remove it, but I don't want to mess up the timing, if I remove the finish in the
cylinders where the bolt stops the cylinder (I don't know what they call those notches in the cylinders) will that change the timing of the gun?I just cannot stand that ungly Black finish!! I do know how beatfull the eyes in Birds eye Maple loks like, a friend of mine has a Carvin Stero Birds eye maple guitar and it is AWESOME!

I would be deeply great full for your advice on my question!
Thanks ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Alabama

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com