mods to my new ruger new vaqueros

Started by pinto bean, August 23, 2008, 08:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinto bean

pards, i am getting my new vaqueros this afternoon. i've been talking to west fargo and long hunter about action jobs on them.
don't think that this is really necessary,but i had rather do it now than later.  i really want to prevent those icky ole scratches
around the cylinders. i know that this is just cosmetic and is not something that affects the function. wes says that his four click action job will prevent this from happening, but will take up to four weeks to get the guns back. long hunter will only take a couple of weeks but his action job doesn't prevent the scratches.
maybe i should just shoot the guns and to h---- with the scratches.

any comments or suggestion will be appreciated. also,has anybody had work done by these two gentlemen

regards,

pinto

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

I have a pair of RNVs and I don't mind the scratches at all.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

St. George

You can just polish the top of the locking bolt to remove any burrs and that should eliminate an unnecessary cost.

Rugers don't need much, if anything at all - they use music wire springs that you can install all on your own, should you desire a lighter action, but as-issued, they work well.

Better to spend your money on practice ammunition.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Trailrider

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com