Tombstone - The Movie, I'm confusededed

Started by Big George McCoy, January 19, 2005, 06:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big George McCoy

I've seen this movie many, many times. I own the DVD, that I've watched many times, but while watching it on the Werterns Channel last night I saw some scenes I've never seen before.

(Well, to be honest with you I wasn't really watching it, it was on and I was doing some paperwork.)

One scene I've never seen before was McMasters is in Ringo's camp and and Ringo tells McMasters he is willing to let McMasters join back up with the Cowboys. McMasters refuses and Ringo tells him that he can go back to his new friends, meaning Earp and his bunch. Ike walks up to McMasters, put the double barrel up to McMasters face and asks, "How you gonna git back to em?"

The next scene is the cowboy comes gallopping onto Hooker's ranch, dragging McMasters' body behind him.

There were probably other 'new' scenes that I didn't catch.

So, is there a new version of this movie or what?

Please help unconfuse me!

Rafe

Brutha Dave

Rafe,
I've heard thats what they call the directors cut version with several scenes that were not in the original movie.
                            Brodave :-\

Big George McCoy

Quote from: Brutha Dave on January 19, 2005, 07:37:48 AM
Rafe,
I've heard thats what they call the directors cut version with several scenes that were not in the original movie.
                            Brodave :-\

Thanks Brutha Dave.

I just went and ordered me the Directors Cut version with these extras:

DVD Features:

* Available subtitles: Spanish, French
    * Available Audio Tracks: English (DTS), English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
    * Commentary by director George Cosmatos
    * 134 Director's Cut Edition
    * Production Featurettes - "An Ensemble Cast," "Making An Authentic Western," and "The Gunfight At The O.K. Corral"
    * Interactive Tomstone Storyline
    * The Tombstone Epitaph - Actual Newspaper Account
    * Director's Original Storyboards: O.K. Corral Sequence
    * Collectible Tombstone Map
    * DVD ROM: Faro At The Oriental: Game of Chance
    * Number of discs: 2

Rafe

Four-Eyed Buck

Rafe, I know the tape I have has the part where they drag McMasters in, but am not sure about the dialogue part before it............Buck 8) ??? ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Curley Cole

Hello
I just bought the Special Edition from Target for $14.95, has all that you listed above, gotta watch it again now...shucks..
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Colt Justice

Funny thing about that scene. I bought the directors cut when the movie first came out on DVD, and I've always thought it was supposed to be in there. I didn't realize that it wasn't in the theaters, which I didn't go to see. (I never go to the theater. Well, I did see Open Range).  Great movie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com