PUK`s Sherrif is back on patrol!!

Started by Paladin UK, August 15, 2008, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin UK

My Pietta Sherrif had terrible cylinder slop and at one stage I was going to get rid of it, but then after getting advise from different pards I decided to have a go at making a Very Very Very thin collar for the back of the cylinder.....

Here`s some piccies of what it done, Just click..... `Slideshow`

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/main/20330615

Gotta tell ya`ll shes as tight as a drum now!!

Paladin (Whats gotta sherrif thats `back on the streets`  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

John Taylor

I did the same thing on an old brass frame  Colt navy ( reproduction) that had the frame beat back. I soft soldered the washer to the frame so it wouldn't get lost.
John Taylor, gunsmith

Ace Lungger

:)Howdy Pards,
i bought a 1860 Navy Pietta with 7 1/2" barrel for a fitting gun for my holsters I make! The cylinder would turn part of the time and the whole front would shake (Brass frame that had cannon loads shot threw it) I took it apart, penned the front side of the face of the reciever wher the arbor screws in, then I put it in my mill and milles a 1/8th inch hole threw the top of the frame in the hammer notch area, then I screwed the arbor in place, and dropped some liquid gun blue down the hole and let it dry, i remove the arbor and started milling a round grove where the bulling was a little at a time, when it was just right, I drove the a roll pin in, and the arborm is tight as it was new! Then, I put it back toghter and added a tappered 8000th down to 2000 on the front side of the wedge, and it is as tight as a new one.

Also just my 2 cents, but wanted to let anyone with brass frame problems, there is a way to fix them! I buy old broken guns!

ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com