Shooting low!!

Started by R-71, August 14, 2008, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R-71

Anyone found that there Rifle(infantry) shoots LOW,  My rifle is shooting about a 14" low at 100yds after filing my front sight as much as I  care to. It started out about 30" low so I have made an improvement, however the groups seemed to have stopped moving with more filing.

Dan

1816flintlock

Dan,

my infantry rifle did the same thing, initially at 50 yards, I had to aim way above the target to come anywhere near it!  I kept filing the front sight down, I kept filing the base of the sight as well as the blade preserving a section of the base on either side of where I was filing to serve as the sight.  The top of the front sight blade now is about where the bottom of the blade was originally.

Stephen

R-71

I cleaned up my range file job from Tuesday, Wednesday and also cleaned the rifle. I took my forearm off and noticed when I replaced it that the gap that was there between the receiver and forearm while I was shooting it is now gone. I suspect that gap is why it stopped shooting groups and started throwing flyers everywhere. I won't be able to get to the range until next week to find out. Damn

thanks for the reply,  Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com