"Period Correct" 1858 Remington Conversion Holster.

Started by Dispatch, August 13, 2008, 10:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dispatch

I need a "period correct" holster for a 1858 Remington Conversion pistol . I am refering to 1865 to the early 1870's era. Does anyone have any maker(s) they might suggest looking into and the type(s) of holsters for this need? Any information is greatly appreciated.

HorsePen Henry

The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Bryan Austin

Chasing The 44-40 Website: https://sites.google.com/view/44winchester

Chasing The 44-40 Forum: https://44-40.forumotion.com

HorsePen Henry

The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Tommy tornado

Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Dr. Bob

Tommy t,

Great picture!!  I like how the top of the holster is straight across.  Maximum protection.  Meant to carry it securely.  No fast draw with this rig! ::) ;D ;D  Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Dispatch

I am sorry. I have been trying to post responses but they are not getting through for some reason. The holster photos are beautiful. Anyway, I was saying I would like a "missing link" holster. One that was between the Slim Jim style and the traditional old west holster. I want to stay away from the cut-down Civil War holster style of the common Slim Jim style. I want something rarely seen but did exist. A holster that would stand out at all events for it's rarity and it's beauty. Top quality for me is the key.
Thanks.

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, Dispatch. You're getting things posted now. Welcome. I see on the another thread you're finding what you want. Please post a picture when you have it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Tommy tornado

Dr. Bob
I tried making a holster like that 2nd Texas rig. 
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: Dispatch on August 18, 2008, 12:46:40 AM
I am sorry. I have been trying to post responses but they are not getting through for some reason. The holster photos are beautiful. Anyway, I was saying I would like a "missing link" holster. One that was between the Slim Jim style and the traditional old west holster. I want to stay away from the cut-down Civil War holster style of the common Slim Jim style. I want something rarely seen but did exist. A holster that would stand out at all events for it's rarity and it's beauty. Top quality for me is the key.
Thanks.

Howdy Wayne,
Okay, so you are having trouble with your email and private messages through CASCity. Here is the post that I tried to direct you to by private message here. This is your "missing link" holsters. They are not Slim Jims which you said you don't want. They are not military holsters which you said you do not want. The origianl holsters that these were patterned after were made for a set of conversions which you said by email you are wanting holsters for with a Florida 6 point star. That can be arranged as I said by email. I know this is fancier in decoration than you are wanting per your emails and PM's before they quit working. I am suggesting the cut of the holsters. Is this what you want?

Re: Holster Styles & Variations
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 02:20:29 PM »

Since the emails and PM's are not working very good please write me here. If the Marshall doesn't mind that is.

Respectfully submitted,

X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Dispatch

Wow! So many beautiful examples. So far, the messaging is working ok for me now. Maybe I was doing something wrong, I'm not sure. Dalton Masterson, these you have pictured here are very nice. "For my image", it's not exactly as I have figured, a beautiful floral display. HorsePen Henry, also very nice. The belt is sweet and the holsters are unique. As you said, a little fancier than I figured on for me but beautiful just the same. I have taken a real likening to the rig posted by Chuck Burrows on page 5 of "Holster Styles & Variations". The use of the conchos gives it real style and character. Not too gaudy and definitely not plain. I look at it and figure how I would like it to look with a little of my own personal style an taste. For me, not much to add to it but cartridge loops, a couple of personal additions and a bowie knife and sheath. I really appreciate all the feedbacks. In a short time, you've all given me 'so many' ideas to go on. I am greatful.
-Wayne   

HorsePen Henry

Well...ya can't go wrong with any rig made by Chuck OR Dalton. I hope ya find what yer lookin' for....

Adios,

X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Dalton Masterson

Well, heck. I was gonna say the same thing about Horsepens rigs. They are the most gorgeous vintage style ones I have seen in awhile. The square cut and geometrics just scream to my eye.

Chucks are pretty nice too! ( <--- understatement of the year)

Good luck findin what ya are lookin for! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Dispatch

I appreciate all the input. Choosing the right rig is important. I want to be sure that what I am seeing is "exactly" what I am looking for and it will provide many years of good service and may even improve with age. I am always open to suggestions. Top, top quality and a bit of personal style are the most important features for me. Because I figure, which ever I choose will most likely become an airloom I may pass on. 'All' of the examples I have been shown here I would be proud to do just that.  ;)

piebiter

Check out Allan's online catalog, be sure to look at the old west holster section. :) http://chisholmstrailleather.com/

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: dalton masterson on August 18, 2008, 12:14:52 PM
Dispatch, Is this the sort of thing?

Dalton, I like the pattern cut of these holsters. I saved this picture in my file and will share with a friend of mine. I suspect he may be looking for something like this. I will have him contact you if this is what he wants. I doubt he has seen these here.

Beans and Tacos,

X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Bryan Austin

PS: I am also looking for an inexpensive holster. No belt, just holster. RH cross draw is ok...actually preferred.
Chasing The 44-40 Website: https://sites.google.com/view/44winchester

Chasing The 44-40 Forum: https://44-40.forumotion.com

Dispatch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com