Thunderridge does good

Started by Pony Racer, August 13, 2008, 10:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pony Racer

Pards when my shipment of C&B stuff was delayed from thunderridge i emailed and got a personal reply that was both honest and full of the info I needed.

When I got my shipment about 10 days ago - there was a letter apoligizing for the delays and further explaining the time of year and what the thunderridge owners/staff are doing in support of shooting sports during that time of year.

I think it is importnat to point out that they did right by me and I am glad that they are so committed to the sport that sometimes it affects the short term part of their business.

Thanks Thunderridge - I will order from you again,

Poney Racer aka LCDR Mike Balding
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Ransom Gaer

The little I've done business with ThunderridgeI have had no problems whatsoever.  Which reminds me I need to place an order with them at some point soon.

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

Riot Earp

I've emailed them twice and left a phone message regarding an order. They haven't responded. I'm a little worried.  :-\

Fox Creek Kid

Their website was crashed as of yesterday. Also, I left two messages for them to call me back as well as calling repeatedly last Spring w/o an answer or reply. I can understand when people work regular jobs and do this on the side and can accept some delay, however their service lately per my experience stinks. This would have never happened with the old owner who sold the business to these people a year or two ago. Wake up call.  ::)

Mako

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on August 22, 2008, 07:06:08 PM
Their website was crashed as of yesterday. Also, I left two messages for them to call me back as well as calling repeatedly last Spring w/o an answer or reply. I can understand when people work regular jobs and do this on the side and can accept some delay, however their service lately per my experience stinks. This would have never happened with the old owner who sold the business to these people a year or two ago. Wake up call.  ::)

Well Kid, I am one person who had a worse experience with the old owner than the two who bought it from him.  I made an order a couple of years ago before he sold and had my credit card charged and then heard nothing for weeks.  My telephone calls were ignored and my emails went unanswered.  I finally received a partial delivery of the order and the tubes I had ordered were junk (all 36 of them).  I finally received an email that only a part of my order was shipped and the other items were "back ordered."  About a month later I read the business was being sold and after asking around someone gave me the phone number of the one of the new owners, they hadn't even moved the location yet.  They graciously replaced the tubes with Tresos and told me I wasn't the only one who had received parts that were probably rejects at one point.  They were definitely from the "bottom of the barrel." They replaced them at their expense because the previous owner had my money.  They didn't bad mouth the man they bought the business from and they basically gave me merchandise free of charge.  That is my experience...it is anecdotal but not hearsay or second hand.

I have read many of your posts and I want to believe I am mistaken but it almost seems as if you enjoy appearing aloof and making critical statements concerning individuals, businesses and situations you have some knowledge of.  That is just my personal opinion and I know that any intimate knowledge usually contains an amount of "dirty laundry," it is really up to the individual to act prudently in "airing" that laundry.  I'm sure I must be mistaken and it is just the nature of your delivery I am not used to.  I must have a more genteel air than I realized...

I have posted my experiences before, but it thought it was worth mentioning again considering a business' reputation is at stake.

Regards,
Mako

A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Fox Creek Kid

QuoteI have read many of your posts and I want to believe I am mistaken but it almost seems as if you enjoy appearing aloof and making critical statements concerning individuals, businesses and situations you have some knowledge of.  That is just my personal opinion and I know that any intimate knowledge usually contains an amount of "dirty laundry," it is really up to the individual to act prudently in "airing" that laundry.  I'm sure I must be mistaken and it is just the nature of your delivery I am not used to.  I must have a more genteel air than I realized...

I have posted my experiences before, but it thought it was worth mentioning again considering a business' reputation is at stake.

Regards,
Mako

And your critique of the old owner was "genteel"? If you don't like my posts then don't read them nor reply.  ;)

Mako

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on August 22, 2008, 10:55:36 PM

And your critique of the old owner was "genteel"? If you don't like my posts then don't read them nor reply.  ;)

My critique or recounting of the facts concerning my business dealings were in no fashion genteel, but they were factual... I was referring to my reaction to your delivery including your latest response.  Your statement, "If you don't like my posts then don't read them nor reply" pretty much makes my point...  You might step back for a second consider that it appears you don't give a rat's patooty about anyone else's opinions, experiences, feelings or even a general sense of propriety.

This forum after all is said and done is a community.

Have a nice evening,
Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Riot Earp

I e-mailed Thunder Ridge and canceled my order. They may be fine people, but for whatever reason their customer service is poor right now. Maybe they are on vacation and aren't checking their e-mail or voice mail. Another business has the product that I ordered in stock, and so I placed an order with them.

Buffalow Red

i have been calling them all hours for weeks & emailing no anser, just ansering machine, no return call or email they apperently arnt there
hope thereall right
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

Cuts Crooked

Play nice gents, let's not get personal ok?
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Riot Earp

I forgot to wrap up my experience.

Thunder Ridge finally responded when I sent a cancellation email. They said they were having trouble getting Tresos. I sent a polite reply suggesting that they be forthcoming with such information in the future and not ignore customer inquiries. They did not respond to this.

At any rate, I was able to get Tresos from The Possible Shop.  :)

Ransom Gaer

Riot Earp,

How recent was your order for Treso nipples?  If this was very recent I may have to get in touch with the Possibles Shop.  I need some and I don't want to wait for an extended period.

Ransom Gaer
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

Pettifogger

I ordered seven sets last week from the Possibles Shop, 3 for Pietta and 4 for Uberti.  They came in a couple of days.  I've always had good service from the Possibles Shop.

Riot Earp

I placed my order almost three weeks ago. I ordered one set of 6 for a Uberti 1861 Navy. It was the only thing I ordered, and so they lowered their flat rate shipping charge after I placed the order online. It was a nice gesture, and unexpected.

I know that Southwest Sutler also had them in stock as of late August.

Ransom Gaer

Thanks for the info.  I think when I get back from Chickamauga I'll order a couple of sets from The Possibles Shop.

Ransom Gaer
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com