FREE Bee's Wax

Started by kid sheleen, August 12, 2008, 06:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Dave

Curiously, we have attracted a sizeable swarm of such honey-makers to a large old (mostly dead) tree on the farm. Been thinkin' it'd be neat if they could somehow be transferred to a regular commercial-type hive and the produce harvested.

Sadly, I don't know the first damn thing about beekeeping.   :-[
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

kid sheleen

Hey Irish!

Look in your area for somebody who sells honey or look in the phone book for "apiary", or beekeeping.  I'll bet there's someone close around that would love to have them.  Or just learn yourself.  It's not really hard once you get over having an aversion to being stung.  If you want to do it the old fashioned way like they used to in the Appalachian Mtn area,  go the library or bookstore and get the "Foxfire Book" volume 2 (Foxfire 2) and read about it in there.  It's on pages 32-46.  Its entertaining reading and really a rewarding hobby.
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Ace Lungger

Hi Dave, just pass the wotld around and you will have no problem getting someone to come collect your bees, and most likely they will have the spoils for you!
Around here, no one knows want is going on, but the bees are dying off, and several of the beekeeps have went out of buiness :( Very sad thing to happen. I hope in some way they can get some in here and get a recovery>

Just my 2 cents,
You all have a good one!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com