FREE Bee's Wax

Started by kid sheleen, August 12, 2008, 06:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid sheleen

Howdy folks!
My bees were really busy this year so I have enough bee's wax to last me 5 years.  I've got some left over if anybody wants a cake.  It's the second melting and is clean and free of dirt and grime.  I poured it into an old muffin tin about halfway up so it's about the same size you buy for leatherworking.  It's great for sewing or for burnishing edges if wax is your preference, and it fills cracks well.  Send me a PM with your address if you want a cake or two and I'll send it to ya' no charge!  I'm tired of it takin' up my space! (and my wife told me to get rid of it.)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Gun Butcher

Kid , i sent you a pm  and many thanks for the offer. Maybe using some of your magic wax will help my rusty ol' skills  ::)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Kid. PM on the way. 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Morning Kid,
i sent you a pm!

Thanks ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

kid sheleen

Well fellas, that did'nt take long!  I'm now out of the clean stuff! :(  Everyone who sent me a pm as of 9:00 AM eastern time today will get some.  I'll send it all out on friday.  I'll have some more in about a month.  When I do I'll post again and send out some more!  No way I can use all of it and the funny thing about bees is that they make it every year.  But the honey sure is good! :)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Judge Lead

It's shame I don't live any closer.

Sending some over here to Australia would prove a LITTLE expensive. 8) ;D

Regards
When we were younger, the days seemed to drag. As we get older, we wish they would.

Buffalow Red

Quote from: kid sheleen on August 13, 2008, 08:06:06 AM
Well fellas, that did'nt take long!  I'm now out of the clean stuff! :(  Everyone who sent me a pm as of 9:00 AM eastern time today will get some.  I'll send it all out on friday.  I'll have some more in about a month.  When I do I'll post again and send out some more!  No way I can use all of it and the funny thing about bees is that they make it every year.  But the honey sure is good! :)
SO DO YOU SELL HONEY
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

Major 2

good point..I PM'ed you..but do you sell honey?
when planets align...do the deal !

kid sheleen

Sometimes I sell a little honey but most of it is spoken for before I even get it out of the hive.  And I use it all year long for just about everything I need sweetened.  But the wax seems to just sit around until my wife either throws it out or somebody comes along and wants some.  I keep it around for my own use in leatherworking, of course, but I'll never use all I get every year.  That's why I thought you guys could use some and I've got a bunch more of it that needs to be melted again and cleaned.  When I can find the time I'll get that done and then I'll put another post up and send out some more, if'n you gents need or want it. :)

Everybody I pm'd back has been sent a cake of wax as of Saturday, August 16th.  I did'nt get to town 'til then.  So look for it in a few days! :D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Bees wax arrived today. Your bees did a good job. Nice aroma, too. Thanks, pard, I appreciate it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

outrider

Bees wax arrived today...ditto to what Marshal said......thank you Kid.  Hey I didn't realize you were in N.C.  we are kind of neighbors
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

:)Kid I got my wax today, and I am very great full :) I just wanted to say Thanks again for it. Have a good weekend whats left of it!!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Gun Butcher

Kid, I was startin' to feel left out but the post rider made it in today. Thanks a bunch and how did you get it to smell like leather??     Again, many thanks.   GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

kid sheleen

Gun Butcher,

Well, it sat on the side of the workbench where I do my leather work for a couple of days, maybe some got mixed in! :D

Glad you finally got it. :)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Major 2

I wonder if I made the cut..still looking for some  ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

Ace Lungger

Hey Kid,
What do you have to do to get it in the form you sent to us? Do you have to chop it up, and then use like a double boiler to cook it and then strain it!
Here in S.E. Kansas, people are having problem with there bees dying! I call a friend of mine that had several hives, but he told me most of his bees died? I use it in my leather work and also in my black powder lube! And since there isn't any one close that I have found, I usaly have to buy, and then I cheat and use 50% candle wax instead od pure bees wax!
The reason I am asking you this is, there is a Radio station that lets you advertise for free, and if I new what to ask for (like do I ask for the honey comb?) I would put on a add what I was looking for!
I would be great full for any and all advice!
Thanks ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

kid sheleen

Ace,

I use what's called the bees wax caps, the wax seal that the bees use to seal in the honey and to extract the honey you have to slice it off.  I put it in a double boiler because beeswax can burn and it turns real dark if it does.  You can use the comb but I usually put it in the jars with the honey.  Eating the comb with the honey helps your allergies if it's local honey.

Anyway, just ask for beeswax caps or the pressed comb and then melt it at a very low temp.  Don't go over about 160 to 170 degrees and melt it slow and when it's melted just skim off the debris, (there'll be plenty), and pour it through a wire screen into a mold of some kind, (an old pot will do), and let it harden.  Then melt it again and add a little water and stir it up good and screen it again the second time and pour it into an old muffin tin or old egg poaching cups. ( I use both). :)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Gun Butcher

Kid, I sent you I PM get back to me and I will get that out to you.  GB

Ace Lungger

:)Kid thank you so much, and now i understand! so i think i will try to find other bee keepers, and try and find some of the wax caps, and do like you tell me to!
When I was a kid, many many years ago, we lived on a big farm, and about every other winter (since a lot of our property was along the river) Dad would keep a eye open for a big tree with bees in it, and once it got below freezing, my UNcles would come out and we would cut the tree down, and I couldn't believe how much honey would be in it, and as the Dad's were getting the Honey combs and all out we all my cousins and I would get a chuck of honey comb and we would chew the heck out of it!!
LIFE was so simple back then!!

Thanks for the wax, and the advice, and most of all bringing back the memories :) :) :)

I wish each and everyone a Safe and fun Holiday weekend!
may God Bless you all
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

kid sheleen

:)  Yep!  Simpler life, simpler times and neighbors were REALLY neighbors.  Now I don't even know my nieghbor on the right.  Tried to make up to him and his wife and 2 kids when they moved in last year.  Took the kids some cupcakes.  never talked to them again and they don't even wave when I come up the drive.  Sorry world sometimes.

My uncle Tommy would find a tree like that with a hive in it that had an extra queen.  Half the bees leave with the new queen and swarm around her and if she lights in a bush or tree they'll be all over her to protect her.  He'd lay a white sheet out under it and for some reason the bees were attracted to it and they'd swarm on that sheet and he'd take them home and put them in an empty hive.  I got all my hives from him when he gave it up.
kid
www.circlemleather.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com