Need Size Extractor Collar Rossi Model 1892

Started by jrjrhare, August 06, 2008, 02:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrjrhare

Three weeks ago I picked up a New Rossi Model 1892 caliber .357.  I have not fired it yet.  I jammed it when unloading 38 Special 158 grain dummy Cartridges.  Two rounds got into the chamber.  I turned the gun over while working the lever casing the failure to feed.  I disassembled to clear the jam.

I am not a gunsmith and it took me several days to reassemble.  After I'm done, I note a part like the "Ejector Collar" in my parts tray.  I looked into the chamber and see a Collar on the Ejector.  Is there the need for two collars when reassembled?  Is a second Collar needed someplace else?  After reassembly, I loaded 50 rounds and unloaded them - twice two rounds jammed.  I unloaded these jams through the magazine—much simpler to reassemble.

The extra "Collar's" dimensions are:
     Inside Diameter      .155
     Outside Diameter   .235
     Length                    .171
I'd rather not disassemble to measure the Collar in the rifle. very tough to reassemble.  The gun appears to be cycling OK.  Later this week I'll get a chance to fire it at a range.  I'll check on how the rifle cycles.

WHERE CAN I GET ANSWERS TO:
1. Is there a second "Collar" needed? 

2, What are the dimensions of the Model 1892's Extractor Collar?

Thank You
Jim Hare

Pettifogger

Sorry to say it pard, but your post is totally confusing.  It is impossible to get two rounds into the "chamber."  Also, if you are looking into the "chamber" and can see the ejector and collar somethings broke since the ejector is in the bolt face not the chamber.  At any rate, go here and see if this helps.  http://marauder.homestead.com/irons.html

Steel Horse Bailey

If ya want moth-to ear help, call Steve (Nate Kiowa Jones) and ask the '92 Master.  When I was smoothing out my '92 I called him several times and was a GREAT help.  Since then, he's made a '92 DVD which he sells 'thru his website.

He's "good people" to do business with!!

Here's where ya can find his phone # and see his work:

www.stevesgunz.com

I think he meant receiver, P-fogger - not chamber.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

I agree with SHB on Nate Kiowa Jones being an expert on the Rossi 92 in .357 cal.  Even though the rifle will accept 38 spl., you have problems with it. The mag cases are longer and less likely to jam. He smoothes mine up, but I still shoot 357mag in it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Paladin UK

This one always baffles me!!! ???

Pards who buy a NEW .357, rifle/pistol and use .38 cases in them!! ???
It is no hardship ta download a 357 case ta 38 levels Unless they are gonna put pipsqueak(Mouse fart) amounts of powder in the case which might (I have been lead to believe),can cause a pressure problem.

Paladin (Whats gonna shut up `n` take his meds now  ;) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Four Eyed Floyd

You will find that the 92 is very fussy about what you feed it. 38's have to have the same OAL as a 357 to work. Get some BigLubes and load them in 38's and you should be able to run them through. ;D
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Paladin UK

Fer FYF........

Quote38's have to have the same OAL as a 357 to work. ???

Paladin (Whats kinda  ??? ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Four Eyed Floyd

In other words the OAL can't be short, longer is better or send it to Steves Gunz. 1.57 is better than 1.48 IMHO. ::)
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com