1851 Navy London Steel

Started by Alabama, August 04, 2008, 09:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabama

Well here she is , the current production Colt Navy London .36 with Blued Steel furniture from Uberti .
Obviously I have not mollested her yet , but am going to , big time . Out of the box, sweet trigger pull ( typical Uberti ) and nicely finished off everywhere else , and the nice engraving on the top of the barrel flat marked LONDON , nice touch . 

This is the blank of wood I am using , I picked it up today, it is a 8" x 13"  x  5/4"  blank of Zebra Wood , very nice thick heavy wood , ought to be outstanding on this revolver , very fancy stuff to use on her . She will be a show stopper no doubt .

Enjoy the pics , now time for me to enjoy the work .  ;D Then then shootin !!!   ;D Then the Smoke !!!!!!

Alabama

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Flint

Good looking Navy, I like the blued steel gripframe too, it has a more dignified look.  You do some good carving too, from some you've shown.

Zebra Wood makes a very striking grip.  Do be careful of your cutting direction and depth when you shape it, as it chips (checks) easily.  This is one of mine on a 3rd gen Colt.

The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Alabama

Nice 3rd Gen Flint ,

Will be going High gloss on mine I am sure of it . I want to see this wood wth some depth to it . And it will be two peice for sure , easier to maintain the innards or change parts quickly . JMHO .

Alabama

Dick Dastardly

Alabama, you got cool looking pistols.  Now, I'd like to see some photos of you gettin' 'em dirty.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Alabama

Indeed Dick Dastardly ,
I would like to see those pictures too !!!  :o
I just don't got none , yet . Give me time , I promise I have dirty guns too , at times  ;D I do keep them pretty as possible though , obviously . You gotta understand too that the numbers I have enables me to keep most near perfect , shootin just once in awhile with all of them . Would take days litterally , get it ? Also , I shoot Modern too and build them too , not just Cowboy stuff . I like a good Cetme HK and anything else military also , and I am into modern Civilian stuff too . This aint my only hobby either , I got Iron Horses up the kazzoo too .  ;D And then I like to Garden , travel , DO NOTHING , and even Roller Skate , my plate is full . I only wish I had time to do just guns , but I don't , I love other things too and I work to earn as much money as possible to buy more stuff , constantly. There is NO such thing as too many guns , that's flat out BS in my opinion . Even if I were rich and I am not , I could still never have all the ones I wanted , because I want ALL of them , all the time , and every new one they come up with I want those too , forever . Don't even get me going on Iron Horses either , I could be a millionaire and still not have all the ones my heart desires . I would be broke agian in a week . I have a couple guns , yup , just a couple in the big picture  ;D  I am just greatfull my Dad raised me hunting and shooting , he instilled a passion for firearms in me that rivals any passion I have ever felt , period . I would sell my horses before ever selling a gun !!!  ;D Any gun, crappy or not , just can't do it .
But, I will give them away . See what I mean ? Its passion simple and true . I have given away MANY guns to family and friends , yes for free , and done 100's of hours of free work for them too , and enjoyed every minute of those hours , especially when I see them smile and drool when they finally pick up my work and shoot it  :P  I am acutally a very content happy man , I just like my toys , allot !!!  ;D I cannot take them with me , so darn tootin I am going to get the most out of my life while here , yuppers indeed I will .  ;D

Sincerely , Alabama

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

:) ;) :D ;D Good attitude  ??? 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com