Please, I need help! Talk me out of it!

Started by Frenchie, August 03, 2008, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenchie

Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Sounds like he may have flunked the "Twelve Step Program".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Frenchie

Naw, not gonna get it, I need to build my savings account back up. But that sure is a pretty, shiny thing, idn'it? Sigh... well, "all things come to he who waits."

Sometimes I'd like to shoot the varmint who said that.  ;D
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance

Pettifogger

If it is intended as a shooter, i wouldn't buy anything except Pietta and Uberti.  If that Armi San Paolo broke, you would most likely never find replacement parts.  Same with ASM, Pedretti, Euroarms, and a bunch of other Italian guns that are no longer made.

Frenchie

Quote from: Pettifogger on August 03, 2008, 08:46:35 PMIf that Armi San Paolo broke, you would most likely never find replacement parts.

I was wondering about that, too. Probably a good thing I declined it. Actually, I think if I'm going to get a bright gun, it ought to be polished stainless so I won't need to worry about nickel plating peeling off.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance

Dick Dastardly

Frenchie, go with your gut feeling.  We're in this for fun.  Part of it is sinning by giving in to temptation.  All our lives we are told that abstinence will keep us safe.  This is one place where sin wins and temptation is welcome.  Let your aspiration to avarice be your guide. ;D

All that said, you probably made a wise decision, and now regret it. . .

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Noz

This is NOT the place to come to find a support group to help you restrain yourself from buying a gun. However, I agree, on this one you did make the right decision. Piettas (I think are the cream of the crop right now) will come available for that price or nearly so.

Four Eyed Floyd

Really, I started with a couple of Rugers a 94 Marlin and a double barrel. Now i have 2 51's, 2 58's, 4 six shooters a rabbit ear SXS and a 97 pump, a Schofield a 73 lever a 92 lever and the Marlin 94, and I am looking at a Henry. As you can see stopping is not an option...   8) ;D :) :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Black Powder

Quote from: Four Eyed Floyd on August 04, 2008, 07:12:28 PM
Really, I started with a couple of Rugers a 94 Marlin and a double barrel. Now i have 2 51's, 2 58's, 4 six shooters a rabbit ear SXS and a 97 pump, a Schofield a 73 lever a 92 lever and the Marlin 94, and I am looking at a Henry. As you can see stopping is not an option...   8) ;D :) :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I got started way too late.  I'll never catch up.  At least not without getting caught by the missus...

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Four Eyed Floyd

The shameful thing is I just started last year. Stop me before I buy more!!!  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

sundance44`s

All jokeing aside ..This Habbit would require a support group to break ...probally mean giveing up your friends your hobby ...You know every thing you enjoy the most .....There`s always Golf ... :-X
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Four Eyed Floyd

GOLF!!! Only if I get to shoot the balls...I am thinking a Buffalo gun might work or a Creedmor and maybe ride horse instead of a cart.  ;D ;D ;D
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

Black Powder

Quote from: sundance44`s on August 05, 2008, 10:20:01 AM
All jokeing aside ..This Habbit would require a support group to break ...probally mean giveing up your friends your hobby ...You know every thing you enjoy the most .....There`s always Golf ... :-X

The variant of the affliction manifests itself in the pursuit of new clubs, particularly drivers, putters and hybrids.  Lots of folks even regrip their own.  Just like reloadin'.  Only difference I see is that it's tough to get a full swing wearing a hat with a 4" brim.  Otherwise, golfers & shooters are very similar.  Well, at least in my case...

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

sundance44`s

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I`ve said ...this is the last one ..all I needed was this last one .. ;D oh I forgot I have been wanting just this one more ..I just forgot .

Noz

I cleaned out the loading room and bundled up some guns I didn't want and actually have a little money to spend
AND IT'S KILLING ME.
I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO BUY.

Four Eyed Floyd

Know the feeling pard that happened when I started CAS, now the most modern gun I have is a 1911.  8) There is a lot of great stuff out there now it just depends what you want to shoot if it is BP then do you want to shoot C&B or cartridge? Some will shoot BP some won't. Or just start simple and work your way up, or borrow some guns at  a shoot to see if you like them we are a friendly lot...as you can see!  ;D
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Frenchie on August 03, 2008, 06:55:31 PM
Naw, not gonna get it, I need to build my savings account back up. But that sure is a pretty, shiny thing, idn'it? Sigh... well, "all things come to he who waits."

Sometimes I'd like to shoot the varmint who said that.  ;D

Frenchie........good call.......
Do what I'm doing, save your moola and get one of those new USFA Remington 1858s when they come out....just about got what I need saved ;D.

OCB
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

sundance44`s

Bill are ya going to shoot the USFA Remington ??? I was wanting one so bad I could taste it ..untill I heard the words 1.595.00
OUCH ! ....now I`ll settle on hearing about someone else getting one and shooting the snot out of it !
Been polishing on my Uberti`s a little more lately .. ::)

Ottawa Creek Bill

Sundance......
Not only am I going to shoot it, but I plan on doing a conversion to it like the early 1858 Remington's originals were (see McDowell's book), not like the conversions that Cimarron is selling.

I know that is a lot of money, but not much more then a Colt Peacemaker and it will be an American made 1858 Remington, just like the originals were.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com