Interest in Big Lube™ bullet monds for .36 Cal C&B pistols

Started by Dick Dastardly, July 22, 2008, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hell-Er High Water

DD,

I see that it has been a month now since you first placed this on the table and several weeks since the last comments were posted.

Did you get enough input and feedback to proceed with the design phase of this project or has it died on the vine?

Looking for an alternative to what I am now doing.

Thanks.

HHW

Dick Dastardly

Howdy HHW and the wire,

I'm working actively with an engineer/machinist now.  I'll talk with him later this morning.  He's developed a new cylinder loading stand for me and I've evaluated the 1st. prototype.  It's good.

We've contacted an aluminum extrusion firm and are getting quotes on Six cavity mold blanks.  We are pricing tooling.  Lathe boring equipment is being purchased.

As soon as this work comes to term, I'll have production contracts and short turn around times for all my molds.

The short answer is, yes.  The project is still under evaluation and will probably be produced.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Noz

DD are you going to do 457 RBs as well. I'm sick of the Lee molds wearing out.

Dick Dastardly

Howdy Noz,

What gun ya gonna shot 'em .457 bullets from?  I shoot the little EPP-UG very well from my ROAs.  The ROAs are made for a nominal .457" lead round ball.  The EPP-UG bullets emulate round balls and drop from the mold at near .456".  I lube/size 'em to .454" and they fit the ROA cylinders with a nice snug interference fit.  No need for cookies, wads or over bullet smears cuz the lube is contained in the grove.

The EPP-UG bullet weighs 150 grains and the same size round ball weighs 147 grains.  The round ball and the EPP-UG are both as long as they are wide.

So, you may want to quit the round balls and go with EPP-UG bullets.  I have the molds on hand now.  They are Six cavity LEE Professional size and the bullets really pile up in a hurry.

Have I helped, or hurt?

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com