A New Book on Remington Over & Under Double Deringers

Started by Trailrider, July 20, 2008, 07:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trailrider

Howdy, Pards,
I am a little at a loss as to how to present this subject, as it does have a commercial aspect to it, but let me be clear: I make NO financial gain from what I am about to relate!  In point of fact, I DO use up about 4-1/2 minutes of the 15 minutes of fame we are each supposedly allotted!  ;)

There is a brand new book available, "Dr. William H. Elliot's Remington Double Deringer."  It covers the history and details collectors of the Remington O/U Double Deringer need to know, plus biographical data on Dr. William H. Elliot, inventor of the gun.  (Elliot, it should be noted, also designed Colt's Lightning pump-action rifle, and a number of other guns!  What is it about dentists and gun design?  I mean, we have Elliot, Gatling, and the Evans brothers, all of whom designed guns and pulled teeth...in their spare time!)

I don't have the prices of the book(s)...there is a presentation version and a deluxe hardcover...as I received mine as the ONLY remuneration for collaborating in its writing.  I've got to call the publisher tomorrow and get ahold of a couple of more copies for members of my family, friends, etc.  If you are interested, I can PM you the info, or post it here.  Again, I don't stand to gain anything except the notariety.  This book is the first to compile and correlate most of the known info on the subject, and is the work of many, many years of research by noted collectors, and the authors.

Please note that the book covers ONLY ORIGINAL Remington O/U's, NOT any of the currently manufactured repros or modern versions.

Your (humble?) servant,
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Steel Horse Bailey

You have a right to be proud; commercial/slommercial.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Trailrider

As soon as I get a price from the publisher, I'll let everyone know, along with more details. Still waiting for a call back from the publisher...

Ride easy!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;) ;D ;D ;D Sounds good Trailrider, i'm sure a lot of us pards will jump on this .

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com