Got any ooops photos to share?

Started by Delmonico, July 12, 2008, 05:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Quote from: Pitspitr on July 19, 2008, 07:14:07 AM
I'm surprised the picture of me tending to GAF business (when I thought I was the only one in the room) hasn't showed up.

That one wasn't an "Ooops" I did it on purpose. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Black Powder

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on July 15, 2008, 09:52:18 AM
Gee ... I thought that you and Sod-Buster Tom were better friends than that - callin' him a cow and all.  An' a fake one at that.

:D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for clearin't that up, SHB.  Having never met either, I was confused.  ;)

I continually marvel at how much knowledge there is here.  It'd take me years to even get that deep into the subject of lanterns.  Thanks for sharin', Trinity.  My inclination would be to get the grown up version of the one I got with my Lionel train in the 50s, not giving it another thought until later, when it'd be an addition on my version of the "need better items" list.

What a great thread indeed.

BP

I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Delmonico

Quote from: Pitspitr on July 19, 2008, 07:14:07 AM
I'm surprised the picture of me tending to GAF business (when I thought I was the only one in the room) hasn't showed up.

Quote from: Delmonico on July 19, 2008, 09:06:53 AM
That one wasn't an "Ooops" I did it on purpose. ;D

But here it is:

Oh and if you take the knife box out of the gear to sharpen the knives, put it back before you leave or you'll be peeling and pie venting with a modern Buck knife. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Pitspitr

When I was a kid my uncle had a Buck in the silverware drawer in his camper that would almost have been PC. It was a fixed blade Buck with a wooden handle and still showed the file marks from when his grandpa made it. And before you get to thinking that I'm using the term "Buck knife" in a generic way, I'm not. His grandfather started the Buck company. Chuck would be his first cousin and Pearl S. was his great-aunt.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Delmonico

Very neat, that one is the 311 "Trapper" ain't been made in about 20 years, so pocket worn from over 30 years that you can't see the "knife, hammer and nail" motto any more, scales are worn smooth also and kept sharp enough to shave with.  My deer field dressing knife in fact, tried others, went back to it and gave up findin' a better one. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com