Wheeler Dovetail Cutting Guide or Tool

Started by Capt. Augustus, July 08, 2008, 01:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Augustus

Have any of you home gunsmiths used the Wheeler tool sold by Midway?  I am considering cutting my 1872 OT barrels and will need to install front sights?  Also any input as to a good front sight would be apprciated.
Thanks

Gun Butcher

Capt., I might be able to help you out. I have a wheeler set that i have never used, the intended victom had a barrel to large for the fixture to work. If you would like, I will send it to you and you can try it out. No strings attached, just send it back when you are done. Projects like this come up so seldom that unless you are in the business you may never need one again and it seems a shame to let it set on the shelf gathering dust if someone can use it. And anyway it's "the cowboy thing to do'.
Let me know and I will get it off to you today.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Capt. Augustus

Gun Butcher

Sent one right back atcha. I'm just down the road from ya in alabama so don't hold that agin me. Hope it works for you,
                                                    GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com