Swapping parts

Started by Forty Rod, July 06, 2008, 08:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

Quick question before I call EMF:  can the "web" on an 1875 be put on an 1890?  Looks like an easy swap, but I'm not sure.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Pettifogger

From the VTI exploded view and part numbers (common numbers like the web locater pin) it appears the parts are interchangeable.  https://www.vtigunparts.com/ab2240000Equick/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=92&cat=Uberti+1875+Outlaw%2C+1890+Police+%2E45LC%2C+%2E45ACP%2C+%2E357Mag%2C+%2E44%2F40

Old Top

Forty,

Yes you can, but I do not recomend putting a 7 1/2 in on a 5 1/2 barrel.   ;D ;D ;D

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Jubel

Forty Rod

I had me an 1890, one from the factory with an original finish, had the 1875 web. This'n was a 5 1/2" 45. I got "stupid"  :-[ and sold it to a pard who won't sell it back cause it's, in his words a one of a kind. Well I won't get that "stupid" agin!  I had never thought of buying an 1890 and buying and installing an 1875 web,   :-\ this could work,  ;D
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Forty Rod

Okay....so I can buy a pair of .44-40 caliber, 5 3/4" barrel '90s in the all-blued finish (I hate CCH on Remingtons), and with blade front sights (I hate those stupid posts), and put the '75 webs and CCH loading gates (Like the originals) on them.  Right?

Then if I can figure out what to do about those grip screws being too low.....
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Curley Cole

good luck in finding 90's in the "one true calibre", and ifn you find them you better NOT tell Old Top..
Curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Forty Rod

I'd settle for .45 Colt and shoot S&Ws through them   I had two in .45 Colt once and couldn't have been more disappointed.  At about the same time I had a pair in  .44-40 and they were great.

Old Top

Forty,

I have been looking for about 2 years for a 1890 in 44-40.  Uberti still has them on there web site but only in 45.  So I am still looking.  If you find anything let me know.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com