Need a Period Holster for My 1875 Outlaw

Started by McLernon, July 06, 2008, 05:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McLernon

Anyone know where I can get a period(accurate) holster for my 1875 Remington SAA?

Thanks

Mc

Major 2

when planets align...do the deal !

Forty Rod

Look at El Paso Saddlery's "Original" holster with a Texas belt.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Jubel

Cousin

Try http://www.cowboyneeds.com/916.html
or
https://www.oklahomaleatherproducts.com/Merchant4/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=OLP&Category_Code=H1

Both very accurate for any period 1860 to 1890's

Stay away from the Buscodero type rigs they are not truly authentic enough for a true period revolver like your Remmi..  ;)
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Wolfgang

Have a look over at : http://www.wolfearsequipment.com/  for high quality period cooorect leather.

Good shootin', . . . .  :)
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

piebiter

Trailrider

Howdy, Pard,
I'm slightly cornfuzed as the topic title is about the 1895 Outlaw, and the post says for a M1875.  Of course the '75 could have been used well into the Turn of the Century, but if you want a holster that is more in the late-1870's style, there can be some differences.  Go to www.gunfighter.com/trailrider and see if the #1893 Gila Bend is what you're looking for, or one of the earlier styles.  Also, you don't mention barrel length.  There will usually be some variation in the number of skirt or belly bands for longer or shorter barreled guns.

Your Pard,
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Steel Horse Bailey

I think his "1895" is a typo.

He specifies an 1875 in his narrative.

But you may be right on that period timeframe, T-Rider!  ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Deadeye Don

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Curley Cole

A couple of my favorites are the Jessie James rig by Wil Ghormley,

and

my custom Fair Weather Christian Rig, by RedDog Leather

Curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Tommy tornado

Does your Fair Weather rig have cartridge loops?
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Curley Cole

Quote from: Tommy tornado on July 18, 2008, 11:14:34 PM
Does your Fair Weather rig have cartridge loops?

Nope, I requested the rig as it appears. I got it as a double crossdraw (with a left hand strong side as an extra holster if mood struck) I wanted to keep it simple for my scout look. Paul built it exactly as I requested it. He used a rig on the inside cover of Packin Iron as inspiration for the tooling. (most of the time when I order a rig from Paul, I leave the tooling work up to his creativity...and he never fails me...

Curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Curley Cole

tt

Here i am wearin the rig. I am working on getting a sheath for a small throwin ax to go on the left side. I carrie a Bowie on the right side, and the pouch is somewhere in the middle.

Curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Trinity

Those are some nice looking rigs Curley Cole.  Both of mine were also made by Paul, but, while still custom made, they were part of his standard offerings.  I talked to him several years ago about making a rig like the character Trinity wore, but got sidetracked with other desires and bought his Cheyenne Rig.  I would still like that rig, but would also like something more like the loopless rig that you have pictured.

If it's not guns, it's leather.  As litl rooster always asks:  When will the bleeding ever end??!??
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Curley Cole

is like the definition of a boat: a large hole in the water into which you pour great deal of money.

I have several rigs by Paul.My main rig is his Ringo rig, with a couple of modifications, (including having a crossdraw, high and tight the way I like it. Paul now knows exactly how I want my crossdraws to ride. I also got an extra strongside for the right hand. I am a lefty, and thought sometimes I would wear it double strongside at gunshows to show off the Ivroy GWs. Old Top had him make him a "Man with no name" rig with out catridge loops, to fit 8" Schofields. We then of course had to get him to make a knife sheath for Tops Jacobs Bowie,The shotshell belt above was made for me, and the knife sheath was made to Tops specs. I didn't get a picture of the shotshell slide. then he had to have a loading strip, and of course he had to have a shotshell sleeve. The Remingtons don't fit great cuz it is for the Schofield, and I didn't have them for the picture. Like you said when will it end...
PS: I would love to see pix of your rigs....

curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Trinity

Great looking rigs. Curley!

The first one I got was his "Duke" rig and was my first Cowboy rig.  It was still new here, but has taken on some nice color with use.  If I used it more, it would look even better.

The next one was his "Cheyenne" rig that I bought two years later because I wanted something more PC.  (The knife sheath was made by Silver Creek Slim. ;D)

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Curley Cole

Very nice looking rigs. I like the knife. They look like they are comfortable. Top says his "noName" rig is the most comfortable he ever had.

Here are my Duke rigs. They were made by El Paso Saddlery about 20 years ago. (I first met up with Paul when I wanted him to make me a xdraw for the duke rig. He did a great job, but he wasn't getting how I wanted it to ride at first.

Nice lookin rigs....got any more ya want to show.? I love lookin at other folks stuff...

curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Trinity

I like looking at other's pictures too.  When I was getting started it helped me out heaps with ideas.  Also it's important to see how some things look after use.  "Brand Spankin' New" pictures are nice, but they don't help cowboy shooters much because we use our stuff. ;D

My Duke rig is indeed very comfortable.  Being of roughout leather, it doesn't slide at all.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Trinity on July 26, 2008, 11:09:58 PM
I like looking at other's pictures too.  When I was getting started it helped me out heaps with ideas.  Also it's important to see how some things look after use.  "Brand Spankin' New" pictures are nice, but they don't help cowboy shooters much because we use our stuff. ;D

My Duke rig is indeed very comfortable.  Being of roughout leather, it doesn't slide at all.

Brother, you got THAT right!  I actually "cultivate" the "used look."  More realistic.  I have actually done something similar to the way Hollyweird "ages" clothes: they spray-paint on sweat and dust stains.  That way, the clothes can be freshly laundered, but still look "trail worn and dirty."

I've been doin' this long enough, now, that I don't have to age my clothes.  I never aged my leather, 'tho - I just sweat on it ... and it has made some of my stuff look like they used it for the book "Packing Iron."
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com