Ruger-made Remington

Started by Harley Starr, June 29, 2008, 08:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Starr

Just me dreaming again but, am I the only one who would like to see a Remington 1875 built by Ruger?
A work in progress.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

::) ::) ::) 8) 8) :o :o :o :D :D ;D ;D ;D Me Too  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

TW
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Flint

The Bearcat is close, it's a Remington with a Colt ejector assy.  The ROA almost is, but for its Colt/Ruger gripframe.  I reshaped mine to look more like a "58".  If Ruger made a full sized Bearcat/Remington one piece frame it would be easy.

Before and after:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/rcflint/PDRM0319.jpg
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Harley Starr

Wait a second, I forgot to name it. I kinda like this one; The Ruger Bandito.
A work in progress.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

NAW!  How about "Preacherman"  Maybe they can issue it with that plastic roogerbox in the shape of a bible?
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Trailrider

Howdy, Pards,
Well, in fact you could say the Ruger OA is a sort of Remington.  You see, the Remington revolvers, especially their large-frame Army guns were designed by Fordyce Beals...who also designed the Whitney Navy.  The rammer of the OA is basically based on the Whitney Navy rammer.  So maybe you could call the Ruger OA, the "Ruger Whitney"!  ::)

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com