I think this 66 Winchester compliments my 51s pretty nice.

Started by Rube Burrows, June 25, 2008, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rube Burrows

Well I picked got my 66 Winchester and could not be happier. I think it really goes good with my pair of 51 Navy pistols.

Now I will see what kind of load I can work up for this baby.

"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Dick Dastardly

All that brass looks good together.  Nice rig.  What caliber(s) are they?

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Jefro

Very nice!! I'm jealous, that's a great looking set. Now whatchagonna do for the shotgun??

Jefro,  Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Rube Burrows

The 66 Winchester is in .45 LC, the 51s are in .44

I also have a pair of .45LC New Vaqueros.

Im not sure which shotgun im gonna get yet. I am slowly but surley getting all of my things I need.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Dirty Brass

That 66' looks really nice! I have my eye on a 44-40 model, but I just don't know enough about that caliber to jump in. I have shot the 45LC for some time in my ruger, but I'm not sure how potent the 45 would be at 100 yards with the big slug. I also loaded them hotter for the ruger, so I'd not be able to use them in the 66'. Anyhow, real nice outfits! :)

Four Eyed Floyd

Information is always a good thing, here is some 44-40 info:
http://www.sixguns.com/tests/tt4440.htm
For what it is worth. I have a Schofield in 44-40 and love it, 44 would be easier but it's a Schofield clone and is way kewl!  ;D
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Black Powder

Congrats, Joey.  Nice lookin' bunch.  You're movin' pretty fast, coverin' lots of ground.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Rube Burrows

Thanks, I dont need much of a reason to buy a new gun. My lady dont mind either. She knows I am a gun collector and hey.....least im not out ratting the roads doing things I should not be doing. Now I have to work on getting me a scatter gun.
Any ideas?

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Fingers McGee

8)  Get me my sunglasses.  You need to get a little BP staining on them shiney brass parts.  The hostiles can see you commin miles away.  ;D ;D ;D

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Rube Burrows

Quote from: fingersmcgee on June 26, 2008, 12:05:32 PM
8)  Get me my sunglasses.  You need to get a little BP staining on them shiney brass parts.  The hostiles can see you commin miles away.  ;D ;D ;D

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Indeed....im working on that. They are turning....slowly, but they are indeed turning.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Noz

Shotgun? Those guns cry out for a TTN. Some sort of antique might be better.
Load for the 66? All the GOEX you can get in a case and still stuff a bullet in there.
I bought a 66 to go with my 1860s.

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: NozzleRag on June 26, 2008, 03:30:38 PM
Shotgun? Those guns cry out for a TTN. Some sort of antique might be better.
I just happen to have a very nice 1887 Ithaca 12 guage hammer gun for sale!  ;D  But 51s and 66s do go well together.  I match mine up with .44 Open Tops.  8)

Rube Burrows

Quote from: Dusty Morningwood on June 26, 2008, 06:48:42 PM
I just happen to have a very nice 1887 Ithaca 12 guage hammer gun for sale!  ;D  But 51s and 66s do go well together.  I match mine up with .44 Open Tops.  8)

Any pics and price for the Ithaca? I am strapped right now after getting the 66 but will be in the market for the scatter gun within the month.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Paladin UK

Fer Joey........

I sure hope ya aint gonna use the butts of those Boootiful Pistolas ta knock in all them thar nails whats gatherin around!!! :o :o

Paladin (What lurvs brass frames too  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Black Powder

Good advice.  Just cuz they did it then don't mean ya gotta do it now!

BP

Rube Burrows

How do you think the others got nailed in?  :o  Really though, you wont catch me bangin any nails with the butts of them thar pistols.

Its hard for me to not get the brass o out and polish up that brass. Im so used to really keeping the guns clean that I have a hard time trying to let these here tarnish up a bit.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

litl rooster

JG...That rifle would look good with any pistolas you stick it with...
Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: NozzleRag on June 26, 2008, 03:30:38 PM
Loads for the 66? All the GOEX you can get in a case and still stuff a bullet in there.

Exactly what I was gonna say.  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Paladin UK

Fer Joey....

QuoteIts hard for me to not get the brass o out and polish up that brass. I'm so used to really keeping the guns clean that I have a hard time trying to let these here tarnish up a bit.

My sentiments..... completely!!
I jest CANNOT bring myself ta let my brass smokepoles get tarnished!!

Paladin (What lurvs his SHINEY BRASS SMOKEPOLES!!  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Black Powder

Hmmm, maybe it's time to get out the elbow grease and go for a different look...

BP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com