I think this 66 Winchester compliments my 51s pretty nice.

Started by Rube Burrows, June 25, 2008, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branding Iron Bill

Quote from: Paladin UK on June 29, 2008, 12:37:32 PM
Fer Joey....

My sentiments..... completely!!
I jest CANNOT bring myself ta let my brass smokepoles get tarnished!!

Paladin (What lurvs his SHINEY BRASS SMOKEPOLES!!  ;D ) UK

+2  I like mine shiney too.  To me they are like fine pieces of furniture, which of course you would keep polished always.  The hell with those fantasy hostiles.

Patrick  D.
AKA Branding Iron Bill SASS 2019
6th generation son of the Texas Republic since 1824
USFA CSS
SCORRS
RATS
A proud Henry owner.
STORM (Love my R-M 44's)

Abilene

Shiny is nice and patina is nice, too.  It's all good!  ;D

I have purty guns and old-looking guns (and just plain old guns, too).  My '73's are very purty, so I'm letting my yellowboy patina to look better with the old guns.

Black Powder

Quote from: Branding Iron Bill on July 02, 2008, 06:46:57 PM
+2  I like mine shiney too. 

That's putting it mildly!  Think I could shave in those mirror finishes.  What brand elbow grease do you use?

Those are like lookin' at a restored vintage auto on the highway.  Gorgeous.  :P

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Paladin UK

Fer BIB.... :D

I think yer smokepoles look jest...............

B oooooooooooooooooooooooooo tif ul!!
Paladin (Whats goin shootin tomorrow  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Major 2

The second Henry looks almost Silver plated....

They are very nice... I like the blue reciever on the iron frame

when planets align...do the deal !

Branding Iron Bill

Quote from: Black Powder on July 03, 2008, 12:31:34 PM
  What brand elbow grease do you use?

BP

Elbow grease is right!  For heavy tarnish I use brasso.  If any stubborn orange spots remain, some 800, then followed 1000, then 1500 grit paper, then the brasso does the trick.  For lighter touch ups, never-dull is sufficient.

The 'in the white' henry does look plated.  I keep the barrel polished with 1000 grit paper followed by never-dull.  The highly polished steel surfaces are less pourous thus attracting less moisture, and not prone to rust that easily.  It's my favorite of the lot.  It has a 4 digit serial #, so it's very early manufacture.
Patrick  D.
AKA Branding Iron Bill SASS 2019
6th generation son of the Texas Republic since 1824
USFA CSS
SCORRS
RATS
A proud Henry owner.
STORM (Love my R-M 44's)

Major 2

I had a early # Henry Circa 1980 marked Allen Arms Santa Fe
It was Blue, by the time I (had to) sell it , after years of mounted reenacted cavalry use the blue was pleasing brown
and the brass was a almost spicy brown mustard patina.

I used that gun at the 84 Saylor Creek national reenactment, it was very unusual to see Henry's in reenacting back then
and The unit I was with had 3 !

Allen Arms & Sons closed it doors about 1984 and the remaining stock was sold to Mike Harvey "Texas Jack"
DBA Cimarron.
But some thing was going on in 1980, because my gun was orderd from and sent from Navy Arms/Replica Arms.
At that time, only 44/40 & 44 rinfire ( yep 44 rimfire thou rare ) was avaiable.
I'm still sorry I had to sell mine, but I had a brand new daughter and funds were needed  ;D.
What makes it still hard is... I see that very gun quite often shooting agin me  :-X
and it still shoots very well  ::)

when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com