OT!! But had ta share!!

Started by Paladin UK, June 18, 2008, 03:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin UK

THIS IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO / WASHINGTON BORDER.  THE EVENT  LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR.

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20K FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

It was sent to me by a pard and I was gobsmacked!! :o

God's handiwork, a`Beautiful Sight`!!

Paladin (What feels very humbled ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Deadguy

Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Lucky Irish Tom

Very nice looking picture PUK, I would assume gobsmacked is akin to awestruck!  God's handiwork is indeed magnificent!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

hellgate

All I see is a big red rectangle. Drat!
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

RattlesnakeJack

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Noz

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Ol Gabe

Pards,
Great pic, for more info go to www.snopes.com and type in the following: fire rainbow,idaho
The pic was first circulated in an e-mail in 2006. Note the AP copyright in the lower right corner, also no explanation is given for the white line either.
We see similar refractions in the cool months here in the upper Midwest, Iowa, etc., and call them 'Snow Dogs', they appear in pairs at 10 and 2 on a clock in a partly cloudy sky if the conditions are right. In warm weather we see the summer version, double and sometimes triple rainbows if the sun and rain conditions are just right and if you are lucky enough to be in the right spot. This year the continuous rainy weather has been cause to see many and lots of folks have taken pics of them for the local newscasts.
Best regards and good spotting!
'Ol Gabe

Black Powder

I thought the red rectangle was all I was supposed to see.   :-[  Figured PUK was just goofin' on us...

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

California Lawdawg

Fantistic. Thanks Paladin.

Lawdawg

hellgate

For whatever reason the red rectangle is gone and a beautiful act of God has replaced it.
Hellgate
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com