USFA Omni-Potent Six Shooter

Started by Dead Eye Dave, June 17, 2008, 11:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Eye Dave

Anyone know much about these?  Its gotta be based on the 1878 Colt DAA dontcha think?  Only its a single action obviously. 

http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/omnipotent.asp

Deadeye Don

"The Patented design of the Omni-Potent Six-Shooter is unique as it is our own creation and is not a reproduction of any historic firearm; however, it carries a nineteenth-century appearance."

This is off of the USFA website and says it all for me.  No thanks.

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Dead Eye Dave

Yeah I know what it says but it sure looks like a knock off of a 1878.  And i still want one.  HAHAHA ;D  It just looks cool!

Deadeye Don

In that case I am sure Gary Granger would be glad to hear from you. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Dead Eye Dave

I'm sure.  But I want them all!   ;D  I'm becoming a single action junkie!   ;D 

DB

Kidd Krystin

The problem is never you having too many guns.  The problem is your gun safe is too small.

Doc Sunrise

The safe thing is becoming a bigger and bigger problem that is best not discussed in front the wife.  I made that mistake once and she wanted to know why she didin't need a bigger jewery box.

Seth Shaw

Quote from: Dead Eye Dave on June 17, 2008, 12:58:22 PM
Yeah I know what it says but it sure looks like a knock off of a 1878.  And i still want one.  HAHAHA ;D  It just looks cool!

I'm of the same mind Dave. Regardless of the fact that they are not "authentic" single action revolvers, I still want 2 of them to use as my primary CAS pistols. I think a set of these, nickel plated with ivory stocks would be perfect "gamblers" pistols, especially with one in a shoulder holster :)
See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

Capt. John Fitzgerald

I think the perfect "gambler's pistol" would be the ejectorless snubnose model, nickel plated, with 4" barrel and ivory grips.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Seth Shaw

Quote from: Capt. John Fitzgerald on July 08, 2008, 11:01:08 PM
I think the perfect "gambler's pistol" would be the ejectorless snubnose model, nickel plated, with 4" barrel and ivory grips.

I agree whole-heartedly! My only reservation would be the lack of an ejector housing. I'm sure with practice it would be a minor inconvenience only and easily dealt with.

The examples USFA has on their website with fire-blue appointments and fantastic engraving are my dream pistols :) If ONLY I was wealthy!
USFA-CSS #176

Dead Eye Dave

Quote from: Seth Shaw on July 09, 2008, 03:47:35 PM

The examples USFA has on their website with fire-blue appointments and fantastic engraving are my dream pistols :) If ONLY I was wealthy!

Yeah, thats the one I want.  Its just so dang cool looking and at least is close to the look of a 1878 DAA.  Now if someone started making one of those......... ;D

DB

Seth Shaw

Quote from: Dead Eye Dave on July 10, 2008, 03:51:21 PM
Yeah, thats the one I want.  Its just so dang cool looking and at least is close to the look of a 1878 DAA.  Now if someone started making one of those......... ;D

DB

Haha yeah I had talked myself into ordering a pair, no matter what I had to do to afford them. Thank goodness I am a realist and quickly rescinded my decision to order them. Maybe a few years down the road when I am little more established in the sport and I can save up the money and justify the purchase.

Until then I will probably get a pair of the slicked up Rodeo II pistols Long Hunter is offering on his website. I can throw some imitation ivory grips on them and be halfway close to my dream pistols :)
USFA-CSS #176

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com