Because I hate lookin' down my own gun barrel. . .

Started by Dick Dastardly, June 16, 2008, 05:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Dastardly

I designed the Dick Dastardly gun cart.  It folds for storage and transport, sets up easy, hauls Four guns and other stuff, uses standard 50 Cal ammo boxes, rolls easy either pulling or pushing and. . . best of all. . . the guns aren't looking you in the face.  This is the prototype, but I'm building Three of 'em.  One for myself, one each for my Sons in Law.  Since we all shoot only Holy Black, I thought this belonged here.

I'll have plans on my web site as soon as I draft 'em up.  This project started with an ammo box and a concept of hauling guns without looking down my own barrels.  The photos tell more.

DD-DLoS

P.S.  The white pipe on the front is the front leg/rack stabilizer/umbrella holder.  Beverage holder still to be added.
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Pukin Dog

That is a nice design.  Look forward to seeing it this Friday.
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Or a VW Golf?  (can't afford that See-bring thing!)
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Dick Dastardly

When folded up, this cart is small.  I took a minimalist approach and used maximum economy and simplicity where ever I could.  The brace wires are made from my old political lawn signs from my unsuccessful campaign for small town big shot.  The whole thing fits very easily into the back of my Toyota Matrix with lots of room for tent, guns and camping stuff.

The thing I was pleasantly surprised with is the balance of the loaded cart.  It moves very easily and is very stable.  I'll be putting a small bench in the middle when I want to use my DD cylinder loading stand.

I like the fact that most of the stuff I need at a match fits nicely into those cheap ammo boxes.  They are air and water tight.  The lids are easily removable and they hold 100 round boxes of ammo just right.  For anybody that hasn't tried them, they are some of the best gear containers ever made.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Abilene

Pukin Dog

Do the wheels come off?  Looks like they are gone when folded.
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

Dick Dastardly

Yup PD,

The wheels fit inside the box.  They are held on the axles by a couple of spring clips.  The wheels are from Northern Wholesale and have 1/2" axle holes with ball barrings.  The wheels were the most expensive part of the cart.

DD-DLoS

Gunfighter Ordinar

Major 2

Quote from: Dick Dastardly on June 17, 2008, 07:23:15 AM
Yup PD,

The wheels fit inside the box.  They are held on the axles by a couple of spring clips.  The wheels are from Northern Wholesale and have 1/2" axle holes with ball barrings.  The wheels were the most expensive part of the cart.

DD-DLoS

Wheally ?   ;D....  looks good Dick...
when planets align...do the deal !

California Lawdawg

Very nice. Can't wait to see the plans. :)

Lawdawg

Cyrille

CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Dalton Masterson

Very good!! With the bench in the middle it will be a frontiersman's dream cart! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Goatlips

DD,

Never been comfortable staring down my barrels either, (or shooting targets that resemble cow-boys) but have gotten used to both; but heck I need somewhere to plant my arse every now and then.  Am still interested in your plans, nice design!

Goatlips

Arcey

The way I see it, 'n it may not be werth spit, when a man puts his mind 'n sweat inta a custom cart built ta fit his wants 'n needs it's a special thing. That's his war wagon. His pit box. Where he goes 'n mutters ta hisownself after a bad stage. A place ta go 'n sit in the shade of an umbrella for a few minutes, catch his breath 'n have a swallow ah sumthin' wet 'n cold. It's his space. Territory others of a like mind respect 'n them what don't understand learn quick. An honor when a man tells ya if it's in his cart ya ain't gottah ask, just take it. Ya know ya've earned his trust 'n respect 'n ya'd leave the game 'fore ya betray that. Sumthin' a man will be equally happy ta tell ya 'bout as his guns.

G'luck with it, DD. Looks good.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Lucky Irish Tom

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Dick Dastardly

Thanks Pards,

This is a non profit contribution to my fellow shooters.  I'm still working on a few final details, but I want to put up drawings on my web site so pards that want them can down load them for free.  I don't intend to sell gun carts and I don't want to charge for the drawings.

So, if there are any Cowboys out there that would like to donate a bit of CAD time, I can supply the dimensions and photos but I'm not CAD literate myself.  So, volunteer help is being sought.

Thanks,

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Mad Mucus

Looks good, DD..... mounting ya cylinder loading stand on her?

Mucus
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."

Lucky Irish Tom

DD I have Visio on my work laptop, I should be able to render it in that fairly well and then save it as an Adobe PDF file to make it easier for you to post and people to download it.  Drop me the particulars in a PM or email me at teadams4@cox.net and I will see what I can do.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Dick Dastardly

Thanks Lucky Irish Tom,

I'll finish the final revisions and take some photos and supply the dimensions.  It don't have to be fancy, only readable.  Most pards will bring their own spin to the project anyway.

I've got some glue setting up tonight and I'll be working on it tomorrow.  Maybe sometime next week.

Yer a true Cowboy.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Black Powder

DD - That's beyond generous.  Dad's gonna be 86 next month and he'd like to help (read: take over!) on this project with me, I'm sure.  I look forward to getting those plans. 

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com