SMVS Range condition update Juine 16th, 2008-update 7:40 PM

Started by Ottawa Creek Bill, June 16, 2008, 01:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottawa Creek Bill

See Below

Well.......

SMVS Marshal Dave Hollandsworth (Jed Cooper) drove down to the range today to see if he could get any closer to the site then we could the other day.

The county has blocked the road where the black top turns to gravel so he couldn't get any closer then about a mile or so, those that have been to our range know the area I am talking about.

Once the road is repaired I'll need to take my tractor and grader box to the range to repair the road into the range....
I hope that this means the county is repairing the road and can get it ready by the time this months shoot rolls around.

There is a way into the range from the other direction.....I am going back down there Friday.

If I can't get to the range the normal way I may try the back way in to see if it is clear, and how much out of the way it would be.

We'll keep you posted.......

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Deadeye Don

Bill,

If the second way in doesnt work we are all counting on you to use your pathfinder skills  to blaze a new trail.   ;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Delmonico

Quote from: Deadeye Don on June 16, 2008, 01:34:57 PM
Bill,

If the second way in doesnt work we are all counting on you to use your pathfinder skills  to blaze a new trail.   ;D

Birch Bark cannoe?  Good luck, hope things are alright at the range.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Ottawa Creek Bill

Next time you fellas make it down here to my house......take a look behind my garage I do have a 16 foot wigawa'miin (birch bark) canoe sitting there.........

As far as the range and its condition...the care taker says our equipment is in good shape, nothing washed away and no major damage. Just a little creek gravel that needs to be graded out.

I'm gonna call him tomorrow to see if I can get my tractor in the back way.....anyone up for a work detail this Saturday. Some of the guys from the other club(s) will be there to pitch in to get things cleaned up.....let me know.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com