Need a blacksmith

Started by Forty Rod, June 16, 2008, 10:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

I have a pattern for a tomahawk head that I'd like made. I can make and decorate a handle myself, but have no skills or tools to make a 'hawk head.

Is there anyone who can make my pattern into good, workable steel and not cost me much over a hundred at most? It will involve a piercing filled with copper and a decorative "coil" at the rear next to the handle.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Four-Eyed Buck

Check in with Bull Schmitt, Forty 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Forty Rod

Thanks, Buck.  I sent him an e-mail.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Forty Rod

Hmmm.  No espnse.

Nobody practicing the blacksmith's art?

Dr. Bob

I have a friend here in KC that can do the work, but he is not cheap.  He makes his living at it and does fancy artistic railings, gates and such.  I can get you contact info if you want.  It would be real fine work.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Forty Rod

I'm finding that most of the known 'smiths are charging more than I've paid for most of my cars.  I'm good for about a hundred bucks for the head, and I can do the handle decotations (except for the filled piercing), carrier, and other stuff myself.

Maybe I'll see if one of the local colleges had a course in blacksmithing and do all of it.

Ozark Tracker

Fourty,  also if you have a farrier's college, some of them boys can swing a hammer,  and a lot of the time they can use the schools forge and equipment.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Forty Rod

Good suggestion, OT.  Thanks.

bas122286

forty i left you a pm

Brian

Forty Rod

Thanks Brian.  I found a solution...two actually...to the situation.

I apprecaite all the help, though, from everyone.  You're a good mob to be associated with.

Old Top

Forty,

I take it a mob is better then a mess?   ::) ::) ::)

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Forty Rod

Two kinds of messes:

1. a place to eat, usually military in nature.

2. what the miltary eaters (and other folks, too) leave behind for someone else to clean up.

One kind of mob:  a whole dang mess of people causing a ruckus of some sort.

Howzat for an explanation?  ;D

Old Top

Forty,

Sounds right to me.

Old Top

Curley Cole

4Trod
You were always pretty good with words,  didya ever think about bein' a writer???

heheh

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Forty Rod

Nope.  Takes too much thinkin' an' makes my head hurt.

Old Top

Forty,

Then your hat is too tight.  ::) ::) ::)

Old Top

Forty Rod

Nope.  I ain't wearin' a hat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com