Whats your leather bench look like??

Started by Dalton Masterson, June 13, 2008, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on June 16, 2008, 08:57:10 AM
Somebody mention motorcycles? ;D

Howdy Marshall Will
Nice Iron Horses......
I have the best of both worlds, Iron & flesh and blood....
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: cowboywc on June 16, 2008, 10:45:45 AMI have the best of both worlds, Iron & flesh and blood....
Nice. I don't have the room for both.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dalton Masterson

Alright, I finally got some pics of mine. It is an old drafting table, 5' wide x app. 3' deep. I put a big poundo mat on top of my work area, then another 24" x 12" under my marble. I use the extra 12" of that one for my hole punching, quick cuts, etc. I have a poly cutting board layed against the wall at my feet for cutting out projects. I tend to start a few projects, then go back to them later, hence a bunch of the holsters at my left. A few, like my shield ones, need some scuff repair after the state match last weekend, so they are there too. The others either need stitched or edged, which I like to do while upstairs in front of the tv.
I have a clutter corner to the right, which is just crap I dont want to put anywhere else, mainly cups of pencils, bags of sheepskin remnants, etc. I have cats, so open sheepskin gets attacked when its not looking. :-\ 
I try to keep most of my pattern packs in the center drawer, but also have a cardboard poster tube full of larger patterns.
My scraps are kept under the bench along with my uncut hides. Keeps them out of the light, and mostly out of harms way.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

:D Nice work area Dalton, I 'd have no problem making myself at home at your work bench... :D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Dalton,
Awesome work are :o i most likely won't post pic's of mine! You pards are awesome, i am not that neat, and I wished I was but it isn't in me to be that away! I can make it look nice for a ic, but it won't look that away the next dat :o No since lying about it, i am a pig!

Great work araea Dalton, thanks for showing it!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Dalton Masterson

Well, to be honest, once I start a project, it gets pretty messy on there. I have been trying to keep stuff put away as soon as I use it, but it doesnt always work.
Go ahead and post Ace!
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Pitspitr

I finally got some pictures of mine. The basement is kind of a cave. :-[

I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Dalton Masterson

Looks like your bench serves double duty as a loading station too, there Pitspitr!
Is the drop tube for your 45-70? You takin that to the games again?? Cant wait to see ya there in July. Will be fun!
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Pitspitr

Yep, it does.

And yes the drop tubes are for the BP big bores. I probably won't bring any of the trapdoors or Sharps with me this year. J. Dawg is gong to shoot with us this year, and with the extra guns I'll have to bring for him I don't think there will be much room for more than just a spare Cowboy gun or two. If you come to the Muster in Oct. I'll have them there....

CSG here we come!  WOO WHOOOO!
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Marshal Tac

My work bench (area) is on an old kitchen table out on the back porch... In Phoenix, that means 110 degree temps in the summer and 40's in the winter (occasionally  ::).... (Keeping wax for thread and such is a chore! I gotta remind myself to take it inside and put it in the fridge!)

I don't have a picture of it, but if you use your imagination, you can create a good mental picture... a kitchen table that has a table top drill press on the far right side and looks as if a grenade went off on the left side...  ;D

I'm sorry, I thought I heard some one mention MOTORCYCLES in a previous post...  :D

I have two.. a 2007 HD Peace Officer Edition Road King and a 2005 HD C.V.O. Soft Tail....

'05 Soft Tail: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/Tac56/100_0829.jpg

'07 Road King: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/Tac56/100_0734.jpg

I often say, and am often reminded that I have a VERY Understanding Wife.... (who won't learn to ride, but likes the back seat.)

As far as leather work for the bike goes... I have made my wife a couple of hair ties and that's about it... I haven't the need for much in the way of leather for my bilkes (as you can see by the pictures, both have saddle bags.), and I don't deal with leather that is thin enough to be used for clothing. I have thought about making my own chaps on several occasions, but until I get my self a sewing machine that is capable of leather sewing, I don't see myself trying it.... (That's ALOT of hand sewing.....)

-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Sawdust Jim

Hi All,
Right now my shop has to do double duty so my "leather bench" is also my "wood bench". As I do more leatherwork and less woodwork, the leather gets more priority. I envy you folks that have a dedicated setup.
SASS # 62093

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;) ;D Nice shop Jim, looks like you've been doing this for a while, and that red cushion remines of John Waynes in The Shootest,

Thanks for sharing

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Good lookin bikes, Marshal Tac. Thanks for the links.

I like your workspace, Jim. Those pillows look like they'll do the job. ;)

kid sheleen

Come on you guys give him a break on his red pillow.  Its not exactly the same(no tassles) but if he got it where duke got his,  I wouldnt mind having one myself!(  I believe it was a house of ill repute in Creed, Colorado.) ;D

Kid
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: kid sheleen on June 26, 2008, 09:56:22 PM...if he got it where duke got his,  I wouldnt mind having one myself!(  I believe it was a house of ill repute in Creed, Colorado.) ;D
A pillow? Or a house in Creed? ;D

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ace Lungger

:)Jim, AWESOME shop, mine was that clean the day after I built it ::) ::) and it will never be the same again ??? ??? ???

Thanks for the look
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Sawdust Jim

Hey! I like my little red pillow, It's helped me through some "hard times". ::) I thought about suggesting one on the money belt thread but realized they were looking for something else.

Thanks for the complements on my shop. I do try to keep it pretty clean, mostly because I hate hunting for tools. Also, here in Oregon we have mandatory fire inspections and I've found it a lot easier to sweep the floor and pick up once in a while than to loose two weeks getting ready for the fire dept.

Jim
SASS # 62093

kid sheleen

Mostly the pillow! :D
the house in creed would be too much like work!
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Johnny McCrae

My bride helped me clean up and repaint our basement so I could redo my workshop. I bought an Orbital sander mainly for making grips but I'll try it out on leather also.

Special Thanks go to Ten Wolves for his input and suggestions on this project.

Now it's time to go to work!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com