Whats your leather bench look like??

Started by Dalton Masterson, June 13, 2008, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddWatsonEllis

Sounds like she figures that she has a win-win situation. She gets all your tools off her kitchen table/etc., and gets the basement cleaned at the same time.

If you want to condition the air temp in a shop, get to be friends with a local mom & pop heating/air conditioning service. They often get a deal where the people just want to move up to a larger, more powerful system and the old one often gets junked even if still quite new. If you have them look out for you, you can often pick up the old system for very little more than the cost of hauling it away ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

JD Alan

I really do feel for you guys who live in locations where extreme weather, especially cold, is a fact of life. This year in the Portland area we had 16 inches of snow, which is very rare for us. The snow hung around for about a week. We also just had a few days in the mid to high 90's, again rare. Most of the time we are somewhere in the 50's -60's range, with a fair amount of rain. Every area you live in has its positives and negatives. Our area is fairly easy to control, temperature wise. Some people have depression problems with so many gray dreary days  :'(
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

WaddWatsonEllis

Around my birthday in the dog days of July and first week of August, it is normal here in Sacramento for the weather to have a high of over 110 degrees. If there is any possibility of leaving, one spends that time at Tahoe, on the coast, or up north in Oregon/Washington. Otherwise, one just stays inside or by/in a pool. The Delta Breeze usually fills in by 6:30 PM, and the temp will drop up to 30 degrees. So if one has outside work, one does it in the AM or after 7 PM at night.

Hence my interest in an AC/Heating system for my garage workshop.
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Preacher

Hey Slow Hand. What is the machine in the back ground along the wall. I'm looking for one and am always interested in what others have. Like it --not like it. Pros and cons. Preacher
I don't know what's out there beyond those hills but if you ride yonder, head up, eyes steady, heart open...well, I think one day you'll find you're the hero you've been looking for. (Jimmy Stewart, Fievel goes west)

outrider

Preacher,

From the position of the manual foot lifter..it appears to be an Adler 205...But Slowhand can confirm or not
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Canelo Kid

What a sick bunch of individuals, what with all the neatness and order!  ::) :o ;D

This is where it will be when I get all the crap out of it..... 8)
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/canelokid/CK%20Leather/Moreofshop002.jpg

This is where the magic happens for now.... :-[

Someday, I hope!

Safe trails,
CKid
BWSS  USA #04
BCSS #40

Wiley Desperado

My hide out.

Dalton Masterson

Very nice gents!
Wiley, is that a baby toilet seat made from leather on your bench?

Or a horseshoe?

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Willey and Kid

You Pards have some nice units there, that was a good idea, my Brother in law has a shop like that but bigger  so he can park his tractor and suv, these out building pretty much give you everything you need, and a man needs his shop  ::) :o 8) ;D

Thanks for the look see

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Slowhand Bob

The machine is a TORO and I like it. 

Wiley Desperado

Dalton you need to make you one of those leather covered horseshoes makes a great whatever you need it for weight.  Leather baby toilet seat, yeah... now there  is an idea someone needs to jump on might be the next hula hoop $$$$

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice workspace, pards. I keep looking hard when I pass the shed outfit on Hwy 101. All I need is a good place to put it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Canelo Kid

I had to get some place other than the dining room table, where I worked for several years, after I drilled a hole in it working on a non-leather project.  :o  :o

Boy, did I ever get "THE LOOK"  :o for that one! In all fairness it was a cheap old table my ex picked out years before so it was a good reason to do a little "I'm sorry" shopping.  :-*-UP

Someday, an air compresssor, clicker, sewing machine, fridga'tator, 52" flat screen. You know the comforts a good working shop has.   ;D

Safe trails,
CKid
BWSS  USA #04
BCSS #40

JD Alan

Boy, if I drilled a hole in the dining room table, I'd probably get "Drilled" by one of my own guns ::)

Dr. Bob

JD,

At least, ya know the boundaries!!  That's most of the battle.  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Gun Butcher

I can relate to that drilling a hole in the wrong place.  My little oops was a half a bottle of med, brown dye on the carpet and man did I get more than the LOOK :o

Anyway, Here is what she calls the swamp. It shore won't scare anybody that is afraid of neatness ;D

Oh, I just noticed at the bottom of the pic is my Ace Lunger inspired sewing horse. Can't see it to well but she works like a champ. A big HATS OFF to Ace for giving me the idea.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice workspace, GB. I have the materials to make a good workbench but am still trying to figure out where to do my work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Gun Butcher, you can tell that your shop is a working shop. It looks like yer gettin lots of stuff done. Cool.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy GB

You have a real nice work area there, it looks like you have pretty much everything you might need, just the way it should be. 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Yea JD, it looks like I am getting stuff done but if it was cleaned up and everything where it goes it would probably get done faster ;) 
I have always been a tool nut TW, and it doesn't always have to be something new. The old tools and there "proper use has always fascinated me. I have found that when you learn to use some of those oldies they can get things done almost as quickly as the new power tools can.
Marshall I had the perfect setup when I lived in Wisconsin, the house was 100 yrs old and included a cheese factory. Everything was under one roof and heated (Big plus in Wis.). When we moved to Alabama the first thing on the list was a workshop. It is just like the ready mades but was built on site because we did't have enough acess to bring one in. It is a 12x24 and there is already a plan to make it bigger.
What with the gunsmithing and building and now the leather work is back it is getting a little cramped already.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com