Whats your leather bench look like??

Started by Dalton Masterson, June 13, 2008, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

Show us what your buildin your stuff on!! Is it permanent? Portable? Kitchen table? Clean ;)? Cluttered? Multi-use?

Well, it seems I misplace the camera friday, so.... hopefully will find it at work tomorrow and will take pics then.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

I don't have a dedicated leather bench. I have materials to make one, but I just grab whatever surface will work for my purposes. I have a slab of slate that was a tellers window in an old Bank of America branch that I use to tool on. A lot of my work gets done on the corner of my loading bench. Often I grab the kitchen table for large layouts and cutting. I suppose I should upgrade one of these days.  ::)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Right know my is a mess, and mostly will allways be a mess!!But i do have a area just for that, but because of the back, i can't build anything! I gace a friend of mine a Fender strat Guitar to come fix things  around the house that i use to do my self, so I am hopeing to talk him into building me a nice bench, right now I have a LARGE wooden barrel and a small dresser with a wooden door laying acrossed it, (not very pretty), but it works!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny Dingus

Well I spent the better part of today moving mine around.  It was in the middle of the garage and there wasn't much light at the table.  So I decided to put in a leather shelf for my extra leather and a light.  Normally it isn't quite so neat.

And the Bench.....

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

That looks real nice Johnny Dingus, it's nice and neat and plenty of room to work, enjoy Pard. ;D :D ;)

Here's a look at mine it's a little cluttered right now , the better half keeps searching out horizonal surfaces to PUT THINGS ON , but i love her dearly, and I put up with this. anyway I have two pictures, one is my work area, the other is a 4'x 8' free standing work bench, and I built it high so I could work on this one standing up, I cut my leather out on this one , and do my finishing, the long board that is wrapped in brown paper and clamped, is where I finish gun belts , it lets me stretch the belt out, without being in the way of anything else, I share this bench with my ammo loading too. ??? :o ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboywc

I used this desk for 20 years, now it just holds tools and my laptop. I do most of my tooling on one of the
class tables now.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

A couple more pix of my workshop.
WC

Pitspitr

::) I really don't remember what my work bench looks like, but I'm sure it's under there somewhere  ;) I do remember this much about it; its a semi-permenent freestanding bench in the basement with reloading and reloading supplies on the right half and leatherworking on the left half. I sometimes bring stuff upstairs and steal a corner of the dining room table so I can be with the fam or watch TV while I work.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

will ghormley

Man!  You guys have lots of tools!  How can you guys afford all that stuff workin' leather?

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

santee

This is also my reloading bench. Limited space, so this area is for stamping, dying, sanding, etc. The cutting and sewing happens various other places in the house.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Marshal Will Wingam

OK, I took a picture of the side of my loading bench where I do some of my leather stuff. The loading bench is going to get replaced when I finally get to making a new one. The materials are in the garage, all I need is to put it together. We're looking to maybe make a move soon so I'm dragging my feet since it's easier to move sheets of wood than to move a whole workbench. I have to keep my tools in dedicated toolboxes because I don't have a good permanent place to work. You can see one of 'em in the picture. Like I mentioned before, I move into other places to do larger stuff. I consider the kitchen and dining room mine, also.  ;D

outrider

howdy pards,

I believe I have already posted these pics..
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Pitspitr

Hey WC how do you get any work done with the decorations you have hanging above your bench?  ???
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

cowboywc

Quote from: will ghormley on June 15, 2008, 08:00:45 AM
Man!  You guys have lots of tools!  How can you guys afford all that stuff workin' leather?

Will

It's an addiction.....
That's why I ride a 24 year old motorcycle, I can't afford a new one. There might be a new tool I need.
Oh ya, I just bought 2 from you.... :)
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: cowboywc on June 15, 2008, 09:30:21 PMIt's an addiction.....
That's why I ride a 24 year old motorcycle, I can't afford a new one. There might be a new tool I need.
My wife knows that distant stare when I get thinking about tools. She won't let me near any place that has leather or gunsmithing tools. I ordered a new couble-cut ceramic swivel knife blade online last night last night when she was out of the room.  ;D

Johnny McCrae

My work area is in the basement. Sometimes I will stamp on the kitchen table and stitch on my reloading bench.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Hey Johnny,
I notice you are a motorcycle enthusiast. Do you make leather items for that interest as well?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Santee,

The only thing I ever made for motorcycles was a leather pouch for a customer's Air Shock Pump. I work at a Harley dealer part-time in Sales & Finance.

I thought about making a saddle bag kit where everything would be furnished and die-cut. One would just lace the bags together. I thought it was a good idea with the cost of Harley's saddlebags. Our local Tandy store stocked a saddle bag kit made by Tandy and it did not sell very good. Maybe a saddle bag kit might sell well on the internet.

I can think of many motorcycle related items that could be made using the great talents of the Pards here on this forum.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Somebody mention motorcycles? ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Johnny McCrae on June 16, 2008, 08:30:54 AMI thought about making a saddle bag kit where everything would be furnished and die-cut. One would just lace the bags together. I thought it was a good idea with the cost of Harley's saddlebags. Our local Tandy store stocked a saddle bag kit made by Tandy and it did not sell very good. Maybe a saddle bag kit might sell well on the internet.
I've only made one motorcycle related item myself. It was a bag to go on the sissy bar of a bike I had years ago. I'm surprised the pre-cut kit didn't sell well. Maybe they didn't market it correctly. Of course, you can buy stuff already assembled for a fairly reasonable price so it would depend on cost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com