Color Guard: 2008 NCOWS National Shoot; 6 June '08

Started by Steel Horse Bailey, June 13, 2008, 10:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Horse Bailey

Greetings, Troopers!

It is with great honor that I post this photo of our most recent "official" activity.  The event was hosted in Evansville, Indiana.  It fell within the Central District of the Department of the Atlantic, but 3 of the 4 members and our chief logistical support member were all from the Department of the Missouri!  I was the sole member (in uniform) from the Dept. of the Atlantic.

Many thanks go to (from left to right): "Dr. Bob" Dorian, "River City John" Covert, and Brian "Dusty Tagalon" Bauer.  I am honored to have been the remaining member.  Also, Rob "Grizzle Bear" Brannon provided great logistical support.  (the standards/poles and 2 flags!)

The great folks who put on this event have mentioned several times how meaningful the honoring of the colors was and made special thanks to the GAF through me. 

It is my opinion that this is a tangible way for we GAF members to "give back" to the shooting community and our fellow organizational members.

Thank you all.

Your Obd't. Svt.

Sincerely,

Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C. Bailey
"Steel Horse Bailey" GAF #98
Commander, Central District, Department of the Atlantic
Grand Army of the Frontier

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Bull Schmitt

Outstanding!!

A hearty "Thank You" to all who participated in making this happen.

Col Bull
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Black Powder

I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Black Powder on June 13, 2008, 12:18:47 PM
That's a great pic.  Thanks for posting it.

BP

I wish I could give credit to the photographer.   It was taken with Dusty's camera (I think) but I don't know who actually snapped the shot.  Dusty showed me 2 shots.

Also, Ottawa Creek Bill filmed the whole shebang and is putting together a 1 (plus) hour DVD of the event, which also has us presenting the colors.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Dusty Tagalon

I handed my camera to Derby Don. He took the pictures.

Dusty

Steel Horse Bailey

Black Powder

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on June 13, 2008, 01:59:30 PMAlso, Ottawa Creek Bill filmed the whole shebang and is putting together a 1 (plus) hour DVD of the event, which also has us presenting the colors.

I'll be lookin' for it.  And hopefully there to see it in person some day.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Tjackstephens

SGT. Hugh P. Stephens Third Army 95th Division would have been proud to have been there and seen his son lead the pledge. Perhaps he was watching. Great job GAF. TJ 
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Sagebrush Burns

US Scout

WELL DONE!

Thanks to efforts like these, the GAF has earned a excellent reputation for providing "period" color guards to CAS-type events.  We've always had a strong relationship with NCOWS and this is one way we can contribute back to them for their support.

Thanks to all those who participated in the effort.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com