Hartford Armory Remingtons

Started by Harley Starr, June 12, 2008, 12:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Starr

After picking up the March/April 2008 issue of Shoot! Magazine, I found something interesting in the Letters to the Editor section.
It concerned the Hartford Armory Remington 1875. Now while we all know that Hartford Armory has fallen on the hardest of times, the editor produced some rather interesting news. He went on to state that the company owner Larry Black may still be planning to produce these Remington replicas as soon as the time and equipment become available.

The person to ask, as stated in the magazine would be Mr. Taffin. The editor instructs the readers to send their email to
editor@shootmagazine.com and the editor will forward them to Mr. Taffin.
A work in progress.

Deadeye Don

I saw the same article. Rumors.... rumors ....rumors.   I will believe it when I see it.    :o
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Fox Creek Kid

QuoteNow while we all know that Hartford Armory has fallen on the hardest of times...

??? He's the guy making the Texican SAA for STI.  ;)

Harley Starr

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on June 12, 2008, 10:38:00 AM
??? He's the guy making the Texican SAA for STI.  ;)

Hey Fox Creek, had a funny thought. Since he's making the Texican SAA, I'm guessing if this revolver is successful then it might open the doors for an STI Remington. Who knows, I'm just dreaming. Hells Bells, since we're talking about dreaming, I'd like to see Ruger build the 1875. Behold! The Ruger Bandito! ;D
A work in progress.

Galloway

Sorry if this has been asked, but what did happen to HA? Did they ever make any 75 or 90's like JT reviewed years ago?

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Galloway on June 12, 2008, 06:37:48 PM
Sorry if this has been asked, but what did happen to HA? Did they ever make any 75 or 90's like JT reviewed years ago?

Yes they did produce a quantity of them.  I dont know how many.  The pop up from time to time on some of the auction sites.

Silver Creek Slim

I shot a HA 1875 in the fall of 2005 at the GAF Muster in KS. The companies owner and wife were in attendance.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

:o 8)  So how was it Slim, any better than the Uberti, or about the same ? ???

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Books OToole

Major Matt bought a pair.  He was not entirely happy.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on June 12, 2008, 09:01:28 PM

:o 8)  So how was it Slim, any better than the Uberti, or about the same ? ???

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
The feel was different than a Uberti, but not that much to make a difference. I couldn't justify the price just be closer to an original.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Fox Creek Kid

I've owned an original in .44 Rem. and the only real difference, other than the method of cylinder retention, between the Uberti & the original is that Uberti grips are fatter IMO.

Hellwood

The biggest difference between the Hartford Armory version and the Uberti model is that you can actually order and receive a Uberti.
I ordered two of the HA's back in 2003 and put up the full purchase price of nearly $2,000 shortly thereafter. To this day I have not gotten either the guns or my money back, despite repeated requests to the CEO and President, Larry Black. I now have a formal complaint lodged against HA with the Connecticut Department of Consumer Affairs. Maybe they will have more luck getting something out of HA besides excuses and empty promises (note: After informing Mr. Black about the action I had taken with CDCA. he offered to send me a check for $500 and pay me back as he could. Based on his previous track record, I declined his offer. I don't
particularly relish the idea of spending another 4 or 5 years chasing Larry Black for my money.)   

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Hellwood on June 23, 2008, 10:56:40 AM
The biggest difference between the Hartford Armory version and the Uberti model is that you can actually order and receive a Uberti.
I ordered two of the HA's back in 2003 and put up the full purchase price of nearly $2,000 shortly thereafter. To this day I have not gotten either the guns or my money back, despite repeated requests to the CEO and President, Larry Black. I now have a formal complaint lodged against HA with the Connecticut Department of Consumer Affairs. Maybe they will have more luck getting something out of HA besides excuses and empty promises (note: After informing Mr. Black about the action I had taken with CDCA. he offered to send me a check for $500 and pay me back as he could. Based on his previous track record, I declined his offer. I don't
particularly relish the idea of spending another 4 or 5 years chasing Larry Black for my money.)   

Oh my.  That is simply terrible.   I am very resistent to putting down the full purchase price on anything I order these days.   This reminds me of a certain leather maker some of us know of.   I hope you eventually get your money back from him.   Thanks for posting this.  Even if he gets back in business,  I would never order anything from him.  Once a crook.............always a crook.

Major 2

Don
you replied this to a thread...   
I understand why you chose not to memtion the Name... but would you devulge it in PM ?  :-\
So we might not error, in the future.

Oh my.  That is simply terrible.   I am very resistent to putting down the full purchase price on anything I order these days.   This reminds me of a certain leather maker some of us know of.   I hope you eventually get your money back from him.   Thanks for posting this.  Even if he gets back in business,  I would never order anything from him.  Once a crook.............always a crook.
when planets align...do the deal !

Hellwood

I'm sorry about "namin' names", but I felt like this was a pretty important topic and that others should be forewarned.

On a more positive note, I just visited the USFA website. They have a link on their home page where you can read a press release announcing the unveiling of their new 1875 reproduction. I'm sure it will be built to their typical high standards (and carry the typical hefty price tag too :o ; but, I guess, you get what you pay for). 

Lastly, as an ardent fan of all things Remington, particularly the 1875 Single Action Army Revolver, I would very much like to request membership into SCORRS, whatever that entails. Many thanks in advance.

Hellwood Blues 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com