Just Got my RM 1860 IN!!!

Started by Patrick Henry Brown, June 11, 2008, 03:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Henry Brown

;D ;D ;D

That's right and I'm all grins! Just went by my local FFL and picked up my 1860 RM Conversion in 38 spl. with the 7 1/2" (?) barrel. Man, is this thing sweet! I can't wait to get it out to the range and try it out. Only issue is that the screw retaining the wedge in is broken. Looks like someone tried to take the wegde out without turning the flat down. Guess, I'll have to find or make a replacement. Anyone know the thread size? At least the wedge is ok. No sign of any abuse. Maybe someone at the factory just overtightened and broke the head. Anyway, I'm thrilled.

Then to top everything off, I just bought another 1860 from Tuolumne Lawman with the Kirst Conversion and ejector. These should pair up nice, even if they are different calibers. If that becomes a problem, I'm in the process of installing a Kirst Conversion to my Pietta 1862 Army Police, and I always have my Remington Navy Uberti with the Kirst in 38 spl as well. If I picked up another Kirst I could convert my Deluxe 1858 Remington to go with the 1860 Pietta and have a set of 45 LC's.

Think I will now sell the new Taurus Gaucho I bought in 38, as I have more than enough options and backups. It's a great pistol and smooth as silk, but I love these conversion guns. I'm not into thumbing for speed. Just love the shooting and fellowship. If that makes me sound like a "preacher", well --- I am!     ;D ;D ;D

Pettifogger

If it's new and broke just call the importer and they will probably send you one.  Otherwise, call VTI.  I bought a couple to keep as spares.

Major 2

Yep! uh-huh...  ;D you got it bad.....

And I mean BAD as in GOOD.... ;)

I have an R&M waiting till I can get a day off to go get it :-\ it will be my 5th Conversion replacing my 45 Sch. Open Top
Which I loved  :P but it was the ODD caliber out...no other 45 Sch. chambered guns any more.

VTI will have your screw, or if they don't , and you like,  I'll email you Suzanne Webb's email she is at Uberti @ Gardone, Italy
and she sent me a missing screw for one of mine I got form TL ....and it was FREE   :o  in fact 4 of them free should I lose another.

I give high prase to Suzanne @ Uberti  ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

Gaucho Gringo

Preacher Clint

I would rethink selling your Gaucho as I have one also and it would be the last of my handguns to sell. Just my personal opinion.
.357 Taurus Gaucho, .22 Heritage Rough Rider, 2-Pietta 1858 .44 NMA Remingtons, Euroarms & ASM .36 1851 Navies, .31 Uberti Baby Dragoon 4", 12 ga H&R Topper, 16 Ga Western Field, .43 Spanish Remington Rolling Block, .44 Uberti Colt Walker, .36 1862 Pocket Police 2 1\2"

Deadeye Don

Clint,  Check inside the box flap for a replacement screw.  Uberti has started sending a replacement wedge screw with the guns as they break so easy.   
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Patrick Henry Brown

Quote from: Deadeye Don on July 29, 2008, 06:23:56 AM
Clint,  Check inside the box flap for a replacement screw.  Uberti has started sending a replacement wedge screw with the guns as the break so easy.   

Well, I'll Be! Deadeye, you're a genious! Lifted a flap and there it was in a plastic bag with the funky little screwdriver for the hammer safety. Thanks for the headsup. Now I have four spares!

Pappy Hayes

Howdy Preacher, I love the conversions as well. I just sold my 61 Navy with Kirst conversion because it was the odd ball out far as my calibers. Mine are all 44Colt exept for my Remmy which I have a Kirst conversion in 45Colt. I am looking at using the money from the Navy to order another Richards Type II. May have to wait for a while as I was told Cimarron may not have any more right now and the Italians go on vacation in August. I would not turn down a good use one if someone wanted to let one go. Enjoy shooting them conversions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com