1851 1862 Ivory Grips?

Started by Patrick Henry Brown, June 10, 2008, 02:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Henry Brown

Who makes a set of these for a reasonable price? Any recommendations. I would like to add a pair to my new pietta 1862 Army Police.

kid sheleen

Preach,
Ajax grips makes a set of ivory grips for uberti/emf/colt clones that must be fitted to the gun.  If you're handy you can do it yourself with a fine file, some sandpaper, and buffing compound.  I have used my dremel tool to polish them with a buffing wheel on the lowest speed.  Take your time, wrap the trigger guard and back strap with tape, and don't use power tools to shape them. :)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

piebiter

http://www.buffalobrothers.net/grips/51and60_grips.htm

I bought some "ivory" from Ajax and wasn't all that happy with them, they didn't match. They fit, but one was cut about 1/8" short. They weren't for a Navy, they were for a S&W N frame.

Deadeye Don

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Major 2

Dollor for dollar Gripmaker...I just fitted a set on my Remington Conversion... they did not reqiure that much fitting
Suggest you send a tracing of the OEM grips..he was 1/16" over in a place or few,  but mostly fit.
$51 shipped

I have a set of Buffalo Bros. on a 60 Army they are nice looking but were a tad undersize...but for aged Ivory a little shrinkage is about right.
they were about $25 more though
when planets align...do the deal !

Sgt. Jake

I hate to make this sound like a GRIPMAKER fest,but Ive fit two pairs of  Larrys grips, all I can say is he is a artist.      Adios  Sgt. Jake

Fingers McGee

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Nine Toe Jim

Add  me to the Larry the Gripmaker Fan Club. I have and 1871 and a RM with the army size grips. I had to send in a tracing of the frame. They didn't take much fitting. Very happy with them

Old Age and Treachery Will Overcome Youth and Skill
WARTHOG, SASS 678, GOFWG, GAF, Quigley Shooter

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Andrew Quigley

Me too on Gripmaker. Got a pair of his on a pair of Navy Arms Frontiersmen's and love them!
Buy American as the job you save might be your own!

Andrew Quigley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com